"I do." He takes a step towards her and rests his hand on her cheek, gently wiping her tears away. "You're Harley-Blair Marie Thompson. My girl. You love those weird sweet cherry things that will definitely make all your teeth fall out if you're not careful. You ate bagels every day for a week even though you hate them just because you didn't want to hurt my feelings. Who does that?" He chuckles.

"You sing like you've got two left feet and that doesn't even make sense. You can name any Shakespeare play in the world just by hearing a few lines and maybe you're a little too obsessed with Disney movies."

She laughs a little in between crying and he holds her in his arms with his chin resting on top of her head. "I know you, Harley, even if no one else in the world does. You're my dream, Harley-Blair. Is that enough for you?"

"Why are you doing this, Parker?" She sniffles into his shoulder. "Why do you still want me?"

"Because you're worth fighting for, Harley-Blair." He simpered. "And even though you push me away, I can't let go. I want to be there. To hold your hand. To dry your tears. To take away the pain and the anger that I know you hide... We'll be there for each other."

"You know, I felt like I was drowning until the day I met you but then you rescued me, Parker, and brought me back to shore." She finally allowed herself to look into his eyes. "You showed me how to find beauty in such a cruel world."

"Hey, I got you something." Finally, they break away from their embrace so he can pull out the parcel from inside of his coat. "Merry Christmas, Pencils."

He hands her the present and watches her as she gently tears open the packaging.
Her teary eyes light up in surprise and astonishment. "That's me!" She points down at the cover page of the comic book he handmade for her. It starred her in the same costume she was wearing at the Halloween party. Inside it detailed almost every notable moment they had together from when they first met to what he imagined would happen now.

Parker chuckles as she blushes. "It is you."

The front cover showed her running out of a burning building piggybacking a scared Parker in a Spider-Man suit. She giggled in awe at the caricature of a drawing.

She flicked through it and saw eloquent drawings of when they both painted each other in the art room to when they slept on the very same sofa that they were on now all to the last page which showed Parker hanging upside down from a tree...kissing her.

She blushed instantly.

"Parker, this is amazing! She looks just like me." He blushes under her gaze. He was happy she liked it. "You're so talented, it's crazy!"

"Thank you, that means a lot to me, HB. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you happy so I'm glad I was able to do that."

"Oh! I almost forgot," She turns around and reaches into a bag on the ground. She lifts up a shiny silver photo book that had been decorated with pictures and hands it to Parker. "I made something for you too, although it's probably not as great as a comic."

Parker clasps his hands over his mouth and squeals like a little girl. "Omg for me? Oh, you shouldn't have!"

Harley giggled at his normal goofy behaviour and he was relieved that the tension in the air was now breaking apart.

He felt a sudden flare of joy when he opened up the book to see tons and tons of photos of the both of them doing silly things and just being them.
Just being Spidey and Pencils.

He let his eyes roam freely over the pages, over their smiles, over their stuck out tongues, over her sleeping face, over his sleeping face. The love in these photos was so eminent, it's a shock they took this long to tell each other how they felt.