He found himself longing to run his fingers through it, wanting to hold her face in his palms and kiss her just like that one scene in the Spider-Man movie. That famous upside-down kiss.

He'd always vowed to himself when he was a kid that he'd kiss his girlfriend the same way. There was no doubt in his mind that there's no one else he'd rather do it with than Harley-Blair Marie Thompson.

"You can sit down, you know." She says finally, as if she could sense his silent need for validation. "I'm not mad anymore."

It was like an anchor had finally been lifted from his heart. "You're not?" He says as he cautiously sits down next to her on the sofa.

"I'm not." She turns to face him completely, putting her camera back in its case. Those eyes. She couldn't help but swoon when she looked into them. She didn't realise how long it had been.

She didn't want him to see how nervous she was. How her hands kept shaking and how her lips were quivering. "I shouldn't have been mad in the first place. She's your ex-girlfriend and us... I mean, we're just friends, right?"

He scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Come on, Harley. You and I both know we're far from being 'just friends'." He uses his fingers to make air quotations around the words 'just friends'.

She bites her lip, still not sure what to say. She felt bad for not speaking to him but she just couldn't. Her heart ached for him all these weeks that they were apart but it hurt even more when she remembered that he had kissed somebody else. What if she just wasn't the one for him and all she had felt was just a figment of her imagination.

He looks at her incredulously, he really couldn't believe she had said that. Did she not feel what he felt? "You know how much I like you."

"Do I?" She asks, watching him carefully. "If you liked me so much you wouldn't have..."

"...kissed Crescent." He can see the hurt in her eyes. He knows. He knows he truly hurt her that night and there is nothing he can do to take it back.

She felt her eyes starting to sting and she immediately rubs them to prevent herself from crying. "Just fuck, Parker! Why would you do it? Why would you kiss her and not me?"

She immediately felt stupid for asking such a question but she couldn't help it. Just why why why would he do this to her? Why would he shatter her heart into a million pieces with just a single action?
It's her fault anyway. She should've just walked away the moment he first spoke to her.

He grabs her by her shoulder and forces her to look at him. "Wait, Harley. She kissed me. It didn't even last for a second, ask the boys, ask anyone." He pleaded but by looking in her eyes he could tell she still needed convincing. "She was drunk, Harley. Crescent doesn't mean anything to me. She's... She's not you and she never will be."

"But how would I know that?" She whispers, a tear rolls down her cheek. "Huh? How would I know that, Parker?" She was angry, hurt and disappointed. She wanted to believe the words he was saying so badly but the little voice in her head was telling her to push him further away. "You should just let me go, Parker..."

"You and I both know I can't do that. I can't just let you go. What about me, Harley? Huh? What about my feelings?"

"You don't have feelings. You said it yourself. You don't believe in love." It felt as if Harley had shoved a spear through his heart. She shakes her head at him. "No, and you don't even know me."

He tries to take a step towards her but she moves backwards.

She raises her hands and lets them fall to her side. "I don't even know me!" She shouts, her face flooding with slow-running tears. "Nobody does!"