• 3 •

• conflicted pt.2 •
      tw: death,rape, mentions of addiction, mentions of child abuse, mental illness

when you woke up, it was 6:12 am, and spencer was gone. he probably didn't want to get caught in your suite, and have people thinking you too had hooked up. you wouldn't want that...right? you didn't know, you knew there was something between you. wether it was a romantic spark or just friendship, you couldn't tell. you never really were good at relationships anyways.

~~~

you were putting in little gold stud earrings, when your phone started ringing. it was hotch. you put the backing on your earring, and answered the call.

"good morning, hotch"

"hello, y/n, we have another victim," he pauses,"at willard beachside resort. be there by 8, get reid and meet rossi and morgan at the crime scene"

you were about to say goodbye, when you realized he'd hung up. you grabbed your purse and left the suite. you rap on reid's door, and wait for him to answer.

"hey, you ready?" you ask when the door opens, revealing reid. he's wearing a dark purple and red striped button down, a dark cobalt tie with a small rhombus pattern on it, tucked into a dark indigo vest with a pocket watch chain pushed into the pocket, black slacks, a black leather belt and beat up converse. his hair was messy, but mostly tame. he looked tired, and used up.

" yeah," he steps out of the suite, his satchel on his shoulder, shutting his door behind him. you and reid walk to the parking garage in silence, finally getting to the suv. you get in the drivers seat, buckle up, and start the car.

~~~

" so when'd you wake up?" you inquired, facing the road. you'd been driving for five minutes, you'd be there in another ten.

"at 5:23 am, i left soon after," he turns to face you,"i didn't want the team to get the wrong idea"

yeah it would just be AWFUL if they thought you hooked up with him. we didn't want that, did we now.

" but you slept soundly until then?" you wanted to make sure he was as rested as possible. you wanted him to be okay. it was weird, you've known him for less than a week, and already felt close to him. you'll fuck it up, you always do.

" yeah, yeah," he assures you,"did you? i heard you talk in your sleep again. you were whispering the lyrics to eleanor rigby"

" i don't remember my dream, and i woke up pretty rested"

" i know you said it was your moms favorite, but why are you so attached to it?" he's getting dangerously close to your dead mom baggage, " what does it really mean to you?"

should i tell him? just say it? it'll come out sooner or later, and he'd already been vulnerable with you, why not tell him?

" ummm," you were unsure about this, and he could definitely tell.

" it's okay, you don't have to tell me" he smiles at you, making you blush. agh, why? why do you already have a crush. he's a fucking addict, just like your father. shut the fuck up.