"Clubbing"

(y/n): "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Hope jolts awake in her bed with a slight yelp. She wipes the sweat from her forehead as she tries to catch her breath. Hope stares into the darkness of her room as tears begin to pool in her eyes. She hugs her legs to her chest as she begins to  quietly cry.

Even after arriving at her parent's house, she was still tormented by nightmares. Her mother had helped her through some of them and they've gotten less frequent. When they do happen however, they never fail to shake Hope to her core.

Hope pulls herself out of bed and looks up at the clock on her wall.

<2:14 AM>

Hope sighs as she looks out her window at the still dark sky.

Hope: "I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight..."

Hope gets up and digs through her closet for a good book to pass the time. 

Hope: "No... Nope... read it... finished it..."

After several minutes, Hope finally finds a book she hadn't read. She flips it over in her hands before opening it to the first page. Written on the inside is a little handwritten note

Happy Birthday! 

It took me forever to find a book you haven't read yet. I "Hope" you like this one.

You're welcome Kitty

(y/n)...

Hope stared at the words as her tears stained the page. This was a book (y/n) had gotten her for her birthday ages ago. She never got around to reading it...

Hope hugs the book tightly to her chest as she leaves her room and heads downstairs. Thanks to her quirk, Cat-like, she could see almost perfectly in the dark. That meant she could read at any time, anywhere. That fact hasn't helped her addiction to books one bit though.

Hope crept silently through the living room, careful not to wake up Sam, who was crashing on the couch. Sneaking around came naturally to Hope, again thanks to her cat quirk. Hope snuck into a little room off to the side of the main room. The little office space was her mother's reading room.

The walls were bookshelves filled to the brim with almost every book you could imagine. There were comfy chairs meant for reading and relaxing throughout the small room. There was also a small TV with an old Wii hooked up to it.

Hope smiled, remembering all the good times she and (y/n) have had in this very room. After they had become friends, the pair had completely taken over this room. Blake could hardly use it because the kids were always playing in it.

Hope took a seat in a large comfy recliner chair and flipped open her book. Hope sat silently and read, trying her best to ignore the feeling that something was missing. A presence that was usually right at her side was nowhere to be found.

(y/n) was still in Japan, and he probably hated her for leaving...

Hope began to tear up again as that thought snaked its way into her mind. She tried desperately to convince herself that this was the right choice. She had to leave (y/n), it was to protect him from Adam... She didn't do it to save herself...right?

Hope: "This was the right choice... it has to be... right?"

Before Hope could contemplate that thought any further, she heard a commotion up stairs. She sat up slightly and looked around, trying to figure out was happening. Suddenly, Hope's father bursts into the room and begins digging around for something.