Chapter 44: A Wreck

Start from the beginning

Yoongi was right. Yoongi was always right, but his way of babying and shaping the king's manipulated mind didn't always work out too well. It left Jungkook focusing on the wrong things when he receives advice from his head guard. Jungkook would always act with the thought of Yoongi in his head as if he depended too much on him when it all came down to love. But at this moment, Yoongi knew Jungkook misinterpreted his words and ended up arguing with his omega in this situation instead.

Jimin took a moment to glance at the doors leading to the throne room as he then began to step back and leave the alpha alone for the day. He knew he had to fix himself before he confronted his alpha, but for now, he had to keep his distance until he was ready to see him after the argument they had recently. Once the omega rushed out of the halls leading to the throne room, Yoongi rolled his eyes and opened the doors to the throne room after. His gloved hands met with the door until he finally opened it to see the king huffing and cupping his wound after causing so much pain to himself.

Jungkook kept his right hand against the ground and his left hand locked over his bandages. He cried and gasped after he called out to Jimin, but he didn't return to see him after. "I'm... sorry..." Jungkook whispered out of breath as he finally looked up. No longer sensing Jimin's sweet, honeyed, fragrance beyond the door anymore.

"Why do you do this to yourself? What did the two of you do to get such a result?" Yoongi asked and approached the king slowly. "Jungkook, Jimin is gone. Has your desperate mind and his stubborn ways clashed for the first time already? You need to learn how you could sustain yourself apart from him! You're a wreck!"

"THEN LET ME BE A WRECK!" Jungkook cried and flinched at his wound once more. It was like constant shocks striking against this chest where his weak wound suffered the most. He was told to take it easy as he began his journey to recovery, but all he has ever done was torture himself further down the road. "L-Let me be the most horrendous wreck there ever was... let me suffer from my pain and stay as this sad wreck until the day that I die... with or without my omega."

"Jungkook!"

"I-It's all I've ever been... h-how...how is a king; so wise and charming, so stupid and ugly when it comes to love? I feel like an i-idiot! I caused this pain onto myself from the start!" Jungkook cried and watched his tears kiss the cold ground gently. Deep down, he regretted the tears he caused his omega and it only haunted him; scolding himself on how horrible he made Park Jimin feel. But at the end of the day, they harmed each other equally.

"You just need time away from him to process these things, work on yourself for once and ask, what do I want in my life?" Yoongi tried his best to comfort the king. On the other hand, as soon as Jungkook looked up with the gleam of sorrow peaking around the red flare of his alpha eyes, Yoongi knew he couldn't dare to yell at a soul that was already broken too many times. No matter how many times he would try, he would never fully fix him and he had yet to understand that.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi..."

"I'm not the one you should apologize to. You should apologize to yourself for every pain that was caused," Yoongi whispered and approached the boy before crouching and leaning in for a hug with the king. Once the guard held the king into the hug, he could feel every crack to his soul just written all over his body. Jungkook never realized the pain he put himself through until he was emotionally broken every waking moment.

"I... I forced him to marry me... he looked petrified! He's afraid of his alpha. I-I was supposed to be the one who loved him... not force him like his father," Jungkook cried and pressed his forehead against Yoongi's firm shoulder. "I don't want to feel this pain anymore, Yoongi... I don't want to hear my desperate thoughts begging me to say things I can't! I... I questioned in my head if I loved him... o-or was I just desperate to feel it in return?.."

"You tend to overthink so much, Jungkook. But I can't just tell you to stop overthinking... it's a bad habit of yours and it's difficult for you to stop when I tell you."

"I-I just w-want to love someone... I can't help it if my thoughts spiral out of control!" Jungkook cried and hugged the older alpha. Deep down, his will to love was like a child. He beared a youthful heart that could have been easily broken since he was just a lonely and desperate alpha. He grew aggressive with his ways to marry Jimin, that only now he began to realize them once his mind travelled back to the way Jimin gazed into his eyes with tears falling down his pale cheeks.

There, the king cried into his guard's shoulder and the room was deprived of their voices. Jungkook found it difficult to love with his desperation and knew that he had to work on himself before he decided to move any further with Jimin. Yoongi's wise words were engraved into his mind; the lonely king needed himself before he needed his omega.

After, Jimin eventually reached his residence. He held back his uncontrollable tears as he made his way back home. He didn't understand why his emotions were highly sensitive, but he knew for sure that the pain he was enduring was far worse than before. Jimin stepped into the entry to his family residence and began to cry to himself on his way to his room. He slid against the wall and sat down hugging himself. The fierce swan feared many things. He cried and buried his face into his arms to think of the king and how afraid he was to lose him. Even when they argued, Jimin had the fear embedded into his mind but his stubborn ways stepped all over that to hide his true concerns. He wanted to be seen as a fierce and independent man, he began to realize that his stubbornness must have made the king feel as if he was not wanted when in reality, he was needed.

"I...I'm a wreck!" Jimin cried and continued to dry his endless tears, but there was no use, the tears he shed kept racing down his face after the argument. It was now that his head began to hurt and his face was completely red. Just as Jimin cried to himself by himself in his room, he kept his fingers latched onto his short hair and allowed himself to cry. No one ever stepped foot into his room, so the omega was safe just sitting alone by himself.

"Jungkook... I've hurt you in s-so many ways..." Jimin cried softly, regretting the big argument he had with his alpha. He was furious then, but his feelings quickly shifted into sorrow. The quick and unexplainable shift of feelings Jimin felt, made him nauseous when he thought about it. The omega sobbed loudly to himself until he suddenly heard footsteps approaching his room door.