7

After returning back home, Taehyung sent you to your room, asking you to rest for a while. His behaviour was confusing you because he was more calm than usual and it was somewhere scaring you now. "Don't think much and get a nap." This is what he said to you, before walking out of the room to leave you to yourself.

Only he knew how much he was holding in, trying to stay calm in front of you. His mind was still blank from the truth and heart refused to accept the fact that you were ill. The only thing that he kept telling himself was that you will be fine. No matter what!

It was more than an hour now that you fell asleep, but your light slumber got disturbed because of some faint noises that echoed in your ears. Scrunching your face lightly, you stretched your arms, before waking up only to get a vivid smashing sound. "What was that?" Your eyebrows quivered, and you got up from the bed.

Another smashing sound, and you were literally running towards the coming noise and realised that the sound was coming from the adjacent room. You widen your eyes again as another sound of something breaking rang in your ears. "Who's in there?" You tapped the door. "Taehyung? Are you inside?" You knocked again and again, but neither did he reply to you and nor did he stop himself from breaking things inside.

You started panicking by now. Your heart was racing at a rapid speed while your hand never stopped from knocking the door. "Taehyung please. Please open the door. Please Taehyung." You cried and now all that you wanted was to ensure his safety. "Please Taehyung. What are you even doing inside? Please open the door." 

Hearing your worried voice, he abruptly stopped from doing what he was doing and all that you heard now was pin drop silence. You gulped a little, hearing the door knob turn and saw a sweaty Taehyung, standing there with a bleeding hand. The white vest that he was wearing, was now sticking to his chest because of his sweat. His hairs were disheveled and messy and he was panting to take a breath.

Taking a look behind him, you gasped audibly, seeing the entire room, which was now destroyed, with broken mirrors, vases, portraits. It was a complete mess by now. "T-Taeh-" "What are you doing here?" He snapped angrily at you and now you tried looking into his eyes behind his bangs. "Your hand…" you tried taking his bleeding hand in yours but he yanked away from your touch.

"Taehyung…" your voice trailed off as he readily pulled you in, before closing the door and now pinned you to the wall beside the door. "Why did you do that?" His voice came out as calm as possible but you could feel him shake in anger as well as in pain. "Tae-" "WHY??" He punched the wall beside you, making you flinch from his sudden yelling. "Why didn't you tell me y/n? Why did I get to know about my wife's illness from someone else?" 

He bombarded you with a number of questions which were roaming around his head and slowly eating him up. His heart was beating like a maniac and his head went blank since the time he learnt about you being diagnosed with a brain tumor. He didn't want to burst on you, hence tried keeping everything to himself but being unable to do so, he was here, taking out his anger and frustration on non-living objects, until you intervened in that.

"I-I….sorry" your voice was cracking while your rosy cheeks were now soaked with your own tears. "I hate you y/n. I hate you so much." He groaned in frustration, his own eyes getting filled up in tears. "How could you do this to me? You saw how I was suffering everyday, burning in my own rage because I thought that my wife was cheating on me." He sniffed, his bloodshot eyes boring deep into yours.

"Don't keep silent now y/n. Speak to me. Why did you let me suffer? Why did you make me believe that you were cheating on me?" He held your arms, pulling your face close to his. His vulnerable state was something you never wanted to see but now you were witnessing the same thing. "I was going mad here, comparing myself to every individual and then I came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with me that you cheated on me…." He cried, looking at you and you shook your head.

"I was hating myself y/n….but now that I know the truth, I am hating myself more." He sniffed, unable to control the flood of tears anymore. "Why did you do this?" His voice calmed down and he was now resting his forehead on yours. "I am sorry T-Tae….I didn't want to hurt you baby b-but…" "But it hurts" he interrupted you. "It hurts so much y/n" the crack in his voice broke your heart.

"My heart is bleeding" he sniffed again and again but couldn't stop himself from crying in her arms. "I hate you" he whispered into your ears, his hand going around your waist to caress your back while the other one rested on the wall, beside your head. Cupping his face with your hands, you looked into his teary eyes.

"I never wanted you to know this Taehyung. Not at least now, but….I cannot see you in pain." You shook your head and this time, he couldn't control himself from pulling you into a never ending kiss. His hand wrapped around the back of your neck, while his grip around your waist tightened. You two cried in between the kiss, letting the salty water surface up on your lips, mixing together.

His eyes closed in ecstacy, feeling you so close to him after long. His lips moulded with yours, sucking away the moisture from them and glistening it with his own. You gave in, feeling his essence and everything that he was doing to you at the moment. Tilting his head from one side to another, he took a few breaths in between, and deepened the kiss, not ready to leave you.

"I love you" you heard his muffled voice and cried some more, hiding your face into his chest, letting your tears soak his vest. "I love you so much baby…" he softly caressed your hairs. "Susan…" you whispered, raising your head to look up at him. The sudden thought of her struck you like a thunderstorm.

"Yeah. What about her?" He put a strand of your hair, behind your ear, looking at you intensely. "Taehyung...she...you two are together...this is wrong…." Just as you were about to detach your frame from him, his grip around you tightened, holding you in place. His jaws clenched when he realised that you were running away from him. Again.

"You worry too much about others but not me" the sarcasm in his voice didn't go unnoticed by you. "But Taehyung she…" "I was never with her. We were never together." Your brows quivered in confusion but all that you received was a small smile and a light peck from him. "I was silly. A complete Idiot. I was just putting up an act to make you jealous. I never even looked at her in a wrong way." Your heart swelled with a sudden happiness because of his confession.

No matter what, the thought of him being engaged with some other woman was hurting you, even if you wanted him to move on. The heart acts selfish sometimes and we can't help it. But now after hearing him, you felt happy but also guilty. You were feeling guilty because of keeping him in darkness. You were regretting now, seeing that he was in pain more at present. But again, now there was no room for regrets. You just wanted to spend the last few days of your life in his arms.

"I am not letting you go anywhere…" the double thoughts in your brain seized after hearing his determined voice but you looked at him with unsurety. Life was unfair. You couldn't help but doubt but all he did was to kiss you to shut your inner thoughts because your questioning eyes was dissipating his beliefs and that would be the last thing that he would want now.