3

Blowing the hot coffee, you took a slurping sip from the mug, your eyes wandering around the tea table but not really fixed anywhere. "How long y/n?" Liz, your friend and also your colleague spoke and you sighed, looking at her with a hopeless smile. "How long will you continue this y/n?" She asked again, but you have already understood what she meant.

"There is nothing to end or continue Liz. He thinks that I am cheating on him and I am fine with it" You shrugged your shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal but oh boy, the way it hurt your heart wasn't something of a new feeling. "And you are giving him all the reasons to doubt you" Liz creased her forehead in irritation. It was difficult for her to see her friend destroy her life like this.

"It's fine Liz. It would be less difficult for him when I leave while he will keep on hating me" You chuckled dryly as your throat burned again while gulping down the tears of pain. "You are crazy! How are you so sure that you won't make it? What if you do?" Liz kept her hand on your shoulder only to feel you laugh at her, as if she cracked some funny joke.

"It's my body Liz. I know that I am dying." You flicked your tongue but your smile swept off your face when you saw tiny beads of tears form on her eyes. "Liz…" you voice trailed off as you hugged her from sideways making her whimper a little while sobbing. "It's so easy for you to say that y/n. Don't you care about us?" She cried a little and you patted her hairs.

Your phone vibrated with a notification and you checked it to see a message from Taehyung. He has sent you a picture of a diamond ring. "Bought this for Susan. Isn't it beautiful?" You smiled sadly, admiring the ring before messaging him back. "Indeed it is." "A beautiful gift for a beautiful lady." You nodded your head momentarily, as if mentally agreeing to what he said. "Tell me something I don't know" 

He didn't reply back to you and hence you placed your phone on the table. Turning back, you saw Liz glaring at you and you realised that she has already seen the messages. "How can you let him be with someone when he is still married to you? That's really ridiculous!" She snarled in anger and you sighed, letting out a small smile. "He started dating her recently. As you said Liz, I actually gave him all the reasons to hate me and now that he has found someone whom he really loves, I wouldn't come in their way." 

"y/n…." She sighed as if she was tired. Well, she was actually tired but mentally. Tired of seeing the nuisance that her friend was creating for herself. She has witnessed their love grow and bloom and now seeing them fall apart in front of her eyes was quenching her insides with sorrow. "Fool of you to think that he could love anyone else who isn't you!"

You kept mum for a while, grasping her words. "At least he is hating me. He won't be that upset later." You reasoned while your voice lacked confidence in itself. "And what when he will learn about the reason for your death?" You licked your lip anxiously before looking up at her. "Never let him know" 

---------------------------------------------------

You walked inside your apartment to find Taehyung sitting on the sofa with Seokjin beside him. Seokjin was not just his business partner but was also a very good friend to him, just like a brother. You shared a warm bond with him and his family but after knowing about everything from Taehyung, he drifted apart from you too. You didn't just lose your husband but also a brother like Seokjin, who also used to look at you with disgusted eyes.

"I will leave now" Seokjin spoke to Taehyung, after the official discussion that they had. He wasn't that friendly with Taehyung either, because he was wise enough to understand that it was both of your fault here. The thing which he hated the most was that you both didn't care about your child before going your own ways.

"It's almost dinner time oppa. You can leave after-" your words never completed as he showed you his palm, stopping you midway. "I won't be able to digest your handmade food anymore" He scoffed at your presence before leaving, while Taehyung was a silent observant to everything. He saw how your face fell but you sighed, gripping your bag and walked upstairs, not even trying to look at him, who was smirking at you.

Fidgeting with the clothes in your closet to change, your hands traced something soft which you pulled out to find a red velvety box. It was the same ring whose picture Taehyung had sent you earlier. "Wasn't it supposed to be with Susan?" You wondered, quivering your brows but jolted out of your thoughts when you felt him snatch the box away from your hand.

"How dare you touch my things?" He yelled at your face, gritting his teeths angrily. You opened your lips to say something but he has already grabbed your hands harshly by then. "You don't deserve to even see something so expensive like this. Leave alone touching and wearing them" He raged mindlessly and you creased your forehead. "I didn't mean to wear it" "As if! Couldn't your current boyfriend afford you things like this?" He mocked at you and you sighed, realising that it was useless to fight with him.

"Oh! how can he even afford something so expensive doing a corporate job like you" You thinned your lips in a straight line, trying to cease the pain in your heart but what started bothering you was the way your head was paining now. His tightened grip on your arms was not helping you either as he demanded you to look at him but all the things around you felt like spinning.

You winced silently as the pain in your head increased and you felt the nerves in your brain throb as if your skull would blast anytime. He kept on yelling at you, taking out his own frustration but you couldn't even hear him properly as you were trying hard to normalise your own breaths. Both the physical and mental pain was exhausting you, and with all your leftover strength, you somehow loosened his grip around you and turned around to go to the washroom.

"Answer me dammit!" Taehyung yelled behind you but you were quick enough to enter the washroom and later pinned your back to the door feeling the cold sensation down your nose. Your nose was bleeding.