6

Taehyung's POV :-

Rotating the steering wheel through the concrete roads, my ears were filled with every other sound that was coming from the pathway. It was a good thing that the way towards the hospital wasn't crowded or else I might have got into a car crash because of how speedily I was riding the vehicle.

My heart never stopped beating unrhythmically since I got to know about her being admitted. Why was she in the hospital? What happened to her? All the anger and complaints that I had against her went down in vain while the only thing that was roaming around my head was to see her fine. "Please be fine y/n. Please be fine" My lips never stopped from chanting the same line again and again.

Running inside the hospital, I stopped in front of the receptionist's desk, panting hard. "K-Kim y/n." My head was filled with negative thoughts that I couldn't contemplate my own actions. The way my hands were shivering and my palm felt sweaty, it was evident that I was scared till my guts.

"Hyung!" I yelled from the other end of the corridor, locating Seokjin, standing there with Liz? I know her. She is also a colleague of y/n and her friend. Rather a good friend. But now I didn't had the time to spare her another glance because my main focus was to see my wife fit and fine, breathing, in front of my eyes.

"Wh-What happened to h-her?" I held Seokjin's arm making him hold mine too. He opened his mouth to speak but I was too desperate to see her. "Is she inside? Wait I will chec-" I was about to go inside the ward, but he held my arm, stopping me.

"Taehyung, calm down. She is fine. There is something more important which you need to know first." I crooked my brows in confusion. "There is nothing more important than me seeing her now" "There is Taehyung. Trust me. There is" 

Author's POV:- 

The serious expression that Seokjin carried made Taehyung realise the gravity of the situation. "Will you speak now or not?" Seokjin glared at Liz who was fiddling with her fingers before looking at Taehyung, who also had his eyes on her. "y/n is…" she took a brief second to gulp. She was going to break the promise which she made to y/n but realisation stuck her hard. She should have done this earlier.

"....suffering from brain tumor" The confused eyes of Taehyung widened with Liz's sudden confession. His hand, which was held by Seokjin fell free and he forgot to blink for a second. "She g-got to know about this th-three months a-ago" A gasp left Taehyung's mouth while Seokjin stayed silent, already acquainted with the truth.

"And?" Seokjin raised his brows, wanting her to continue and speak the entire truth. She licked her lower lip nervously, before averting her gaze from Seokjin to Taehyung, who was now staring behind her, at the wall, with a lost gaze. "She is not cheating on you Taehyung. She was lying to you all this while. She used to come at my home everyday and not go to anywhere else" 

A loud and harsh breath escaped his mouth and he stumbled back. His knees felt weak like jelly and hence he fell on his knees, his back pinned to the wall. He fell apart. He fell weak. He looked here and there, his face scrunched with the evident pain after the whole truth laid unfolded before him.

"Taehyung" Seokjin bent down to his level, trying to hold him in place. Taehyung was by now holding his chest, near his heart, while his facial features hardened. "H-Hyun-gg" a difficult breath was let out by him and Seokjin rubbed his back. "Taehyung breath. Taehyung. Breath!" He vigorously rubbed his back and he rested his head on the wall, letting short breaths.

The sudden revelation of truth left him in rifts and he certainly forgot to breath for real. Seokjin kept rubbing his back until his breaths stabilised while Liz stood frozen, panicking seeing his condition. As soon as his breaths normalised, he broke down completely in Seokjin's arms and started sobbing.

Seeing his friend, even Seokjin couldn't stop his tears and patted his head lightly, holding his close. "Hyu-Hyung….why?" This was all that he could utter as his whole body was shaking by now. Everything that Jisung told him earlier was now making sense to him. "She never ch-cheated Hyung! What do I do now?" He cried, holding Seokjin's arm.

Seokjin kept mum, not knowing what to say that would comfort Taehyung. He himself was feeling guilty of judging you and pushing you away at your crisis time. "Taehyung calm down please. I hope she will be fine. We will try to save her" Taehyung stopped crying after hearing him and looked up at him with his tear smeared face. 

"She will have to be fine, Hyung. She has no other option. I am not letting anything happen to her" He shook his head, wiping away his face. "She can't be the greater person and leave me to die in guilt like this." He declared, before standing up properly, followed by Seokjin.

"You could have told me earlier" Taehyung glared at Liz who was also in tears by now. "I am so sorry Taehyung. She said that it was her last wish to never let you know about her illness." Liz joined her palms in front of him, seeking for his forgiveness. "SHE WILL LIVE. IT'S NOT ANY LAST WISH FOR HER" Taehyung yelled all of a sudden, making her flinch back and Seokjin had to hold him in place.

His eyes were glaring at Liz while the inner turmoil that he was facing was something which couldn't be declared in words. It felt like someone one was pumping out oxygen from his system, leaving him in deficiency of it to struggle to breath properly. "Taehyung it's a hospital, please calm down." Seokjin whispered to him but what caught his attention now was the doctor who came out to inform about you.

"She got back to her senses." Taehyung smiled a little, amidst his tears and wiped his face again and again but the tears were adamant enough to not stop from flowing. "I...y/n…" He fumbled with his words and Seokjin nodded his head, directing him towards the ward room, indicating him to go inside first to meet you.

From the time you gained your senses, the one thing that was revolving around your head was him. What happened while I was senseless? Seokjin oppa was there but…...did he……
Your thoughts abruptly came to an end when you heard the door open and saw someone walk in with slow and steady steps. Taehyung.

Your pupils enlarged a little as you saw his reddened eyes and hardened face. Did he get to know anything? The way he was looking at you, from afar, made your stomach churn in anxiety and all you wished for now was the ground to break apart and swallow you inside.

"I- I...actu-actually…" you stuttered, seeing him walk slowly towards your bed. He didn't stop you when you tried to get up and now your back was resting against the headboard. "Actually my he-head was pai-paining, so I took some med-dicines but the dose was ex-extra…. that's why my nose started blee-bleeding" you gave him an unasked explanation, shuttering all the way. His heart pained more, hearing you lie on his face.

Taehyung didn't stop walking, instead now he was standing just beside your bed, looking down at you. You gulped a little, seeing the budding rage in his eyes and your breath almost hitched on your throat, when he bent down to your level, his one hand holding the rod of the headboard behind you, while the other resting beside you, on the bed.

His eyes roamed around your face, before stopping to look into your eyes, which was filled with anxiety, fear, tension and questions. "All I was surrounded with was a lie" his deep whisper sent shivers down your spine. "Did you tell your boyfriend that you are admitted in the hospital?" He tilted his head, his face was dangerously close to yours. 

"I- I didn't get th-the chance" you let out a few fumbled words. His proximity and intimidating gaze was making your head spin. "Here. Take this and call him." You were caught in the warry situation, when he forwarded his phone to you to make a call. But whom would you call? You don't have any boyfriend?

Seeing your eyes palpitating, he sighed internally, keeping all his anger in his fist. He was angry at you. Very angry. But he also knew not to pressurise you. Hence, he stood up, giving you space to breathe properly, which even you didn't know were holding for so long.

"We will talk once we reach home" his deep voice lingered in the room and you understood that he was aware of everything. Everything.