Everything I know about survival I've picked up since the Global Outbreak happened 2 and a half years ago, (October 12th, 2008) that allowed the dead to eat the living. I've learned how to scavenge, how to make weapons, how to fight, how to treat patients and I taught Noel everything I knew. I've pretty much cleared the entire towns for supplies, guns, foods, and lots of water. I've built things, barrels drilled to the ground to collect rainwater, fences to keep walkers out and to give me a heads up if people our coming in. Let's just say you can learn a lot when there's no school or sports to do.

We have a safe house, the house Noel grew up in. I was born in Ireland, my mother was an Irish woman, she had me when she was 17, let's just say that I've suffered a life of the blame game. I'm the reason she never got to go to college, I'm the reason she had to work shitty jobs to stay afloat and I'm a result of a drunken one night stand. I don't know anything about my dad other than the fact that he was American, my mother had a type... American, alcoholics with abusive tendencies, not that she wasn't two of those things.

We moved to Georgia in 1998, mum found a new boyfriend and got pregnant with Noel a no long later, his dad's name was Alex and he was around for a while, he left after 5 years when mum OD, he didn't want to have to take care of two kids, luckily mum survived, I guess. As for Naomi's dad, he was a decent man before everything happened but after my mother got bit, and I killed her, his true colours started to show.

It was January 3rd 2010, Naomi was crying and that attracted a couple of nearby walkers, like it always had done. Matthew snapped, he was about to kill Naomi before I put a bullet in his head, since then it's just been me, Noel and Naomi. A year and four months alone together, not letting this shit hole of a world corrupt us.

Currently, I have Naomi strapped to my back as Noel holds my hand and walks by my side, I had spotted a deer not that far from the house and was hoping that I could get it and fashion a months worth of meals. I had my bow in hand, ready to shoot if anything came our way, "there." Noel whispered as he stopped pointing in the direction of the deer. I rose my bow and shot the deer right in the eye, we ran over to our kill, Noel was on walker duty whilst I tie the deer up. "Take Naomi." I whispered to the eleven year-old, who does what he's told without hesitation, and once Naomi is on securely, I wrap the deer around me like it's a backpack and we run back to the house.

Once we were back home, the three of us made our way into the shed in our back yard. I put a cloth onto the table and began to skin the deer, the smell was bound to bring walkers if it wasn't for my defences against them. As I work with the deer, cutting it up and bagging it before throwing it into the freezer, you may be wondering, 'a freezer? how do you have electricity?' Well that would be thanks to Matthew, see my mother's most recent baby daddy was an eco manic, we have a well, solar panels and our very own fruit and vegetable patch, it was pretty sweet living for an apocalypse.

Even though we had a lot of supplies, we rationed because we don't know how long this version of the world will last. I was done with the deer, I kept the deer skin, I read somewhere about how native Americans used to make clothes out of deer skin and I thought it would be good if I did the same, to keep us warm when next winter arrived. It's definitely not easy but I never really liked easy.

"Naomi is getting two big for her clothes again, we need more." Noel informs me once he had given our little sister a bath, "I'll make more. I'll run next door and take whatever clothes are over there and the curtains." I inform my little brother as I tied my hair up and wrapped my bow around me, along with my bag full of arrows.

"Closet, don't come out until I say so and if I'm not back in 30 minutes, don't come find me. Naomi is your responsibility if I'm gone." Noel salutes, bring some toys into the closet and locking it from the inside once he turned the light on. "Be careful, I love you." I smile as I'm half way out my bedroom window, "I will, I love you two Noel." With that I went out the rest of the way, onto the roof. I slide my ladder that had a wooden plank on it onto the roof of the house next door.