Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ In The Snow

Start from the beginning

"I have to say," Hermione said. "Seeing Pettigrew on there- is odd. See, magic is not like muggle devices. It can't glitch, Y/N. It doesn't work like that."

"I don't know... Nothing explains this." Y/N frowned thoughtfully. The two sat their in silence for a while, finding an excuse for Peter Pettrigrew's appearance on the map. Hermione finally got up and sighed loudly.

"Say," she started. "I think Harry's done with Quidditch. Let's go find you some food and talk to that boy."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"Earth to Y/N," Harry grinned, ruffling Y/N's hair. He knew Y/N hadn't forgotten about the kiss from earlier that day and was grateful she didn't tell Hermione or Ron about it.

He was good at acting like things never happened, and so was she. There was no tension and no awkwardness between them. Y/N huffed and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Play nicely, Potter, I just brushed my hair." Y/N grinned at the boy and sat on the Gryffindor table next to Fred and Hermione.

The Gryffindor team members were soaking from the snow outside and looked as dead as ever.

"So how was practice?" Hermione asked them slowly, watching Ron stuff himself with fish and chips.

"Freezing." Harry and the Weasley twins said at the same time. Y/N chuckled.

"Why're you practicing so early anyways?" Ron asked, scooping a mouthful of mac n cheese into his mouth. "Yoo on't 'ave widditch till after bweak."

Hermione eyed him sourly.

"Wood's so determined to get us ready." Fred shrugged. "Quidditch isn't till January and he's already training us."

"He's becoming a mad man." Harry piped in.

"Quidditch starts 2 weeks after break, though!" Ron frowned. "That's bloody mad!"

"Go say that to Oliver." Angelina Johnson said grimly. "I bloody dare you."

Ron fell silent and went back to eating his Mac n cheese silently. Hermione and Y/N glared at him as the boy chewed loudly.

"Speaking of break, are you all staying here for Christmas?" Y/N asked, piling ketchup onto her plate.

"We are," Ron and the twins said with a smile.

"I am, too." Hermione said. Y/N smiled. Hermione never stayed at school, so she never had anyone to talk to in her dormitory. Y/N turned to Harry.

"You?" She asked. Harry scoffed and grinned.

"Nope." He said sarcastically. "I'm celebrating Christmas with my lovely Dursleys. They'd adore me for blowing up my aunt." The whole table laughed, and Ron spluttered out his water. Y/N shook her head.

"What about you, Y/N?" George asked the girl.

"Staying. Like always." Y/N smiled. Her parents were always busy during Christmas. Her mother was an Auror and was busy all the time. Her father often had to go back to America to work with her Grandmother during winter.

The Gryffindors then changed the topic and chatted excitedly about how they've been and about Lupin's lessons. Angelina Johnson said he was 'the best teacher Hogwarts has ever gotten'.

"By the way," Harry lowered his voice so that Y/N could be the only one who heard him. The others were busy discussing Lupin's lessons. "Lupin said he would teach me how to defend myself from those Dementors."