𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝'𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞

"Eeh. Are you sure you want me to cast in your next.. show? I dunno if I'm cut out for this job, man."

Often his baritone was divorced of any emotions but today, sickly apprehension tints Techno's tone modest and unsure, and his nictitating bravado is nothing more than sand cusped between trembling fingers. The cause for his trepidation and unease stands in front of him with a kind smile, offering him a hand.

He'd been asked by Wilbur the night before if he could show up at the improvisation classroom after school, and as Techno wasn't paying attention, he'd oblige. Techno should've known to thoroughly inspect anything before agreeing to it, but here he stands, a pig mask in hand and a red coat made of cheap fabric draping off his shoulders.

"Don't worry, dude! I'm sure you'll do fantastic out there, and, I want you to be with me- us, for one of our big nights 'cause you're my friend and I know that you'll do great."

Wilbur, in his Revolutionary get-up, has a merry grin stretched from one rosy cheek to the other, and Techno feels a tad guilty for wanting to bail on the whole fiasco.

To hide his shame and pacify his worries, Techno injects a bit of humour into the conversation. "Didn't you say it was because you needed one more nerd for the improv thing?"

Wilbur blinks, and scratches his cheek. "We don't need to talk about that, Techno." Wilbur pouts, and Techno reciprocates with a full-bellied giggle. "We need you, okay?"

"But-"

"No buts. It's going to be a lot of fun, and you're going to have a blast, d'you understand?"

Techno tugs on his scarlet cloak. "Yes, sir."

"Good, soldier." The improvisation student improvises, raising a hand to salute. "Tommy's really, really, really excited tonight. He's literally going around screaming - that's how excited he is."

In his peripherals, he sees Tommy in his bright blue Revolutionary uniform cavorting round the classroom with a spring in his steps and a merry smile that seems permanent, glee exuding from his brilliant eyes and loud gesticulations. In his delight, he simultaneously annoys both Tubbo and Fundy, with Tubbo retaining an insouciant expression and Fundy juxtaposing his indifferent attitude with loud hollering and discord.

Nothing seems like it's out of the ordinary. It's just Tommy with some coke in his system. "I dunno, man. Doesn't look like anything's changed."

"He's going-to-genuinely-stab-something-excited."

"That's the Tommy we all know and hate."

Wilbur puffs his dapper collar up. "Well, he is kinning Alexander Hamilton today- don't tell him I said that."

"What's kinning? Sounds like that thing where you mold clay into a pot or whatever."

Wilbur sighs deeply. "That's kindling, Techno. Tommy's kinning."

Techno lets the word kinning simmer for a bit. Try and take it all in. Let it boil and linger for a bit in his empty brain. And even with all that pensive musing, still fails to connect a definition to that word and has to inquire once more. "Still don't know what that means, Wilbur. You've gotta tell it to me straight, man."

"Errm. So, he resonates with the character and acts completely like said character. Like, for example; Hamilton. Have you seen him singing Non-Stop?"

That sounds like torture. "I'm not interested."

"You shouldn't. It's horrendous after his eighth rendition. His voice gets all croaky, and it sounds weird."

"Thank god I don't then."

Wilbur stops, and stares behind them. "Well, Tommy's going to start stabbing the Tobster if we don't start this thing soon, so we gotta be quick."

"Speed is my middle name."

"It's Blade."

Techno clicks his tongue. "It's my second middle name."

[ you know how the hamilton cover has a star?? wattpad is such a hamilton fan they added a button in the bottom that you can press to see a little surprise!! /j ]