Chapter 8

"What?" Amber asked.

"Well you know Naya right?" Rosa asked.

"Of course I know her" Amber was confused.

"What's her last name?"

"Rivera"

"What's mine?"

"Rivera, wait what are you trying to say?"

"She's my niece Amb"

"What!?"

"I'm sorry, me and Christina wanted you to have friends and Naya needed a new friend so we-"

"So you told her to come talk to me and be my "friend", I was gonna make friends on my own"

"Yes, we know but we talked to Naya and she told me you always sit by yourself and you never talk to anyone so we told her to-"

"This girl is just being my "friend" because you told her to, I should've known no one would ask to be your friend out of the blue"

"Naya likes you though"

"I don't know that"

"Yes you do" Christina spoke.

"Did you tell her to take me shopping, is that why she was willing to pay for my clothes?" Rosa didn't answer.

"Is that why she asked me to sign up for basketball" she didn't answer again.

"Does she know I'm pregnant?!"

"No, we didn't tell her that" Amber was so mad she just walked out.

"You think we should've told her?" Rosa asked

"Of course we should've told her or she would've found out in a different way, it's better coming from us"

"I don't want her to hate me" Rosa frowned and Christina pulled her closer by her waist.

"Amber is way maturer than you think, I promise she'll get over it. Amber has always had this quality where things happen to her, bad things would happen to her and she'd just let it roll off her shoulders" she kissed her forehead.

"That's not good"

"I know, that's why I want her to go to therapy but she thinks it's for crazy people"

"We have to change her mind"

"We'll get her to that point"

Amber woke up the next day and immediately facetimed her aunt Carol like she did every morning. Her aunt would stay on the phone and talk to her while she did her whole morning routine. She took a shower, she dressed in black ripped jeans, a red off the shoulder top, a black Nike jacket and her black Nike's. She put her hair up in a puff and did her edges. When she was getting ready to head downstairs she told her aunt she would call her later tonight and hung up. She grabbed her backpack, put a pair of shorts, a tank top and a sports bra inside before she headed downstairs.

"Good morning sweetheart" Ms. Valerie greeted kissing her cheek.

"Hi Ms. Valerie"

"Your breakfast is on the table, eat up you'll need your energy you have practice today"

"Yeah I know"

"You okay, you don't look excited"

"No, I'm fine"

"Come on and talk to me" she sighed and told her what her aunt and Rosa told her last night.

"Well, your aunt and Rosa were just trying to look out for you"