Prologue

Amber watched sitting behind the overturned table as her dad screamed at her mama, why was daddy always mad? She wondered as she watched him slap her, her mama started crying as she held her cheek.

"Why would you hit me in front of our daughter!" She screamed and he groaned in aggravation before leaving.

"Mama where is daddy going?" Amber asked coming from behind the table.

"Out baby" she'd always answer, but where was out?

"Amber go get mommy's little bag"

"Yes mama" Amber did as she was told and went to retrieve her mothers little bag. She watched her mom do as she always did, she took out a tiny plastic bag and poured a small amount of powder on the table before using a razor to make a straight line. She took a straw and put it up to her nose and inhaled, What is mommy doing? She wondered, but would never ask.

"Do you want me to put it back?" Amber asked.

"No" she dropped her forehead on the tabletop.

"Yes ma'am" Amber sat in front of her mother at the table, she liked to observe her. Mama always went through different moods, she was happy when she took her powder, but without it she was sad. When daddy was around, she was always mad then whenever he left she'd get sad.

"Mommy are you okay?"

"I'm fine Amber"

"Okay" Amber stopped talking, she didn't want to upset her. Her father came bursting through the door seeming like he was on a mission, he marched through the door to their room and grabbed all of his things. Amber saw her mother jump up and run after him.

"STOP! KEITH NO, IM SORRY!" she yelled.

"Bitch get off me!" she hung off his arms trying to stop him from packing. He got angry and pushed her, she reached for him and he pulled out a gun.

"Move Candace!" She leaned up on her elbows with wide eyes.

"You want to shoot me? Do it"

"Don't tempt me"

"Right in front of Amber, go ahead your a man" he screamed in frurstration and packed his bags before leaving back out the door. For some reason Amber knew he wasn't coming back, she walked to the torn leather couch and sat on her knees as she watched her dad put his bags in his trunk and kiss the female in the driver's seat. He walked on the other side of the car before the car pulled off, she could sense her mother's presence next to her.

"He's not coming back baby" she looked down and wondered why he left, or why did he pull a gun out on her mom.

"Go to your room, mommy's having friends over" She said. That usually meant she would be in her room for the rest of the day.

"Yes ma'am" she answered as she got off the couch and walked to her small room and sat on her bed. She clutched at her knees and fell into deep thought, was this how life was supposed to be?
———————————————————————————
Chapter 1 coming soon!