Chapter 26

"Happy birthday bestie!" Naya woke Amber up with a gift.

"Thank you Naya"

"Open my gift hurry up" Amber sat up and took her present.

"Oh what could it be?" She smiled as Zahir woke up from all the commotion. I tore off the wrapping paper and saw the Nike logo I looked up at Naya confused as I took off the lid. "Naya no way! Thank you!" Naya smiled at her reaction as Amber brought her in for a hug.

"I got Zahir the same pair so you can match"

"Thank you I am totally wearing these today"

"Alright get your ass up so we can go to school, your driving" Amber rolled her eyes and set the shoes to the side, she grabbed her son and got out of bed he laid his head on her shoulder trying to go back to sleep.

"Why me?"

"Because I don't want to"

"I'll be ready in a minute"

"I'll see what Ms G made for breakfast"

"Okay" Amber put Zahir in a bath and washed him up before drying him off, putting baby oil and lotion on him. She dressed him in jeans and a blue polo sweater before putting socks and the new shoes Naya bought him on, she braided his hair and gave him a bunch of kisses all over his face. "Go sit on the bed, watch cartoons and wait for mommy okay" he nodded as she turned on the TV and put on a cartoon. She went into the closet and found the same blue polo sweater she put on her son and some dark blue ripped jeans, she grabbed some undergarments and walked into the bathroom to shower. She took a quick shower and put on some lotion before getting dressed.

"Hey baby you like the cartoon?" She asked him and he nodded as she sat at her vanity, she picked up her engagement ring and slid it on her finger.

"Mommy pad" she sighed and unplugged the iPad she typed in the password and gave it to him, she watched him turn away from the TV and lay on his stomach. She put the TV on the news and took her bonnet off her head, she put some product in her hair and started brushing it and put it in a low ponytail. She did some light makeup and applied lashes and put her shoes on.

"Come on baby" She picked up her son and grabbed her backpack and her purse before walking downstairs. She walked into the kitchen and saw her aunts and Naya sitting at the table.

"Happy birthday Mi amor!" Rosa greeted.

"Thank you" Christina took Zahir out of Ambers arms, he was still fully engrossed in the game he was playing on the iPad. Amber sat down at the table to eat breakfast, they ate with comfortable conversation.

"So what are you two doing today?" Amber asked.

"I'll be in the office for part of the day but I'll definitely make your birthday dinner" Christina answered.

"Me too, but I'll be at dinner too. What about you two" Rosa said.

"I don't know, I didn't plan on doing much anyway, Lucas might want to do something when he get's here"

"When will he be here?"

"He's leaving school early so he should be here around 4"

"Dinner is at 8 so don't be late I made a reservation at Osaka for 15" Naya said.

"We will be there don't worry"

"Alright y'all we have to go we'll see you at dinner" Amber stood after finishing her food, she kissed Zahirs cheek. "Bye handsome" she grabbed her backpack and Nayas hand.

"Bye" they headed out the door and Amber unlocked her car. "Why are you rushing out the house so fast?"

"I want to get Starbucks and I have a test this morning and I don't want to miss it" Amber pulled out the driveway and headed to the coffee shop, they ordered their drinks then headed towards the school. When they reached the school, Amber parked, they got out the car and headed inside.