"Can we go now?" She giggles.

"Yes, ma'am." Trying to keep my libido in check, we make our way to Nandini's car and start on the long drive.

Astha is an orphanage that Nandini told me about, situated in the outskirts of the city. It's owned by an elderly woman, Vrinda aunty, who Nandini is very fond of. Nandini loves visiting the place and the kids there. In this new phase of sharing, she has decided to show me the place, which is one of her favorites.

Nearly two hours later, we reach our destination. Before going to the orphanage, we make a stop at the local departmental store and buy chocolates and snacks for the kids. The moment we reach, Nandini hops out of the car, into a crowd of small kids who are laughing and screaming in welcome. That leaves me to carry all the bags with our purchases.

I unload all the bags from the car and start walking towards the orphanage, hoping that the kids like me too.

As the orphanage comes into view, I come to a standstill, feet frozen on the spot. I have to blink twice to make sure what I am seeing is real, and not a trick the lights are playing on me. Pure shock engulfs me as I realize what I am looking at. The bags tumble out of my hands and I gape at the building.

This is the building! The pictures that I had found in Singhania's study in a file dated 2004, the year that my father was killed, were of this orphanage.

Bloody hell.

I had found the photos in a file containing an article about dad's death. And so I had assumed that the building had something to do with dad. I remember how Abhi and I had spent weeks trying to get information about the building, all in vain. Turns out, the building is an orphanage and Nandini knows about it.

Did this place have something to do with dad's murder? Or was I wrong about the whole thing? Did Nandini know something that could help me?

"Manik? What's wrong?" Nandini asks worriedly when she sees me standing at the gate with the bags on the ground.

"Nothing. I- dropped the bags."

"Why are you so pale? Did something happen?"

"No, everything's fine. You go on. Go inside. I'll get the bags and be there." I usher Nandini inside. She looks a little suspicious but doesn't say anything more and goes inside. Quickly picking up the bags, I follow her.

I need to find out more about this orphanage.

I enter a large room and see Nandini sitting at a dining table with all the kids surrounding her. I place the bag with the chocolates in the centre and the kids jump at it. There is a doorway on the side leading to the kitchen, where I see the outline of a young woman cooking. Hoping that Nandini stays busy with the kids for a while, I decide to talk to her.

"Namaste." She says politely when I enter the kitchen.

"Hi. Mai Manik hoon. Nandini ka friend." She smiles and extends a plate of biscuits towards me. I take one and smile at her.

"Aap yaha kab se kaam kar rahe ho?" I ask conversationally, hoping she doesn't get suspicious and answers my questions.

"Paanch saal se." She replies, stirring the contents of the pot.

"Ooh, accha. Aur ye orphanage bhi yaha paanch saal se hai kya?"

"Arey nahi. Ye orphanage toh bahut purana hai. Lagbhag 20- 22 saal. Vrinda didi aur unke husband ne khola tha. Unke husband toh nahi rahe, lekin Vrinda didi itne saalo se iss jagah ki dekhbhal kar rahi hai. Yahan ke saare bacche unse bahut pyaar karte hain. Aur wo unse. Wo Nandini se bhi bahut pyaar karti hain." It's evident that this woman has a lot of respect and admiration for her Vrinda didi.