23|Heated

Nandini's POV

This is it, Nandini. That guy is so not worth it. You won't have anyone put you through any kind of shit. You are a strong woman and you know how to keep your head held high! No more shit. No more fucks to give.

After about fifteen minutes of sitting on the bathroom floor and letting tears roll down, I decide to get up and finally shut the chapter that is Manik Malhotra. Enough is enough. Bas!

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I cringe. My makeup is a total mess and my eyes are bloodshot. You let a guy do this to you. Shame! My subconscious just wouldn't keep shut.

I quickly remove all the makeup and get in the shower. The hot water feels heavenly and completely relaxes my muscles. Once I am relaxed, I get out and change into a pair of loose pajamas and an oversized tee. Pulling my hair up in a messy bun, I head down to the kitchen. There is nothing a good baking session can't cure!

It's midnight and everyone is fast asleep. I quickly arrange all the ingredients on the kitchen counter and start on the batter for my cupcake. Rest of the stuff is done quickly and in no time, I am setting the timer of the oven. Washing my hands, I put in my earphones and Harry Styles starts singing into my ears.

Once the timer goes off, I take the pans out and wow, I am awesome! The aroma is mouth watering. After stuffing 4 cupcakes into my mouth, I decide to stop and put away the remaining ones.

Going back to my room, I quickly peek into Jenny's. She is fast asleep. I go in quickly and kiss her cheek.

Finally going to bed, I feel much more relaxed and sorted than I did just some time ago. Baking, good music, Jenny and friends is all that your life should be about! No extras.

...........

Next morning, I totally ignore Manik and get into the car. He doesn't make an effort to talk to me, either. The fact that he is incredibly gorgeous does throw me off track, but I control myself. He is just good looks.

No, he's not. He can be much more when he wants to!

Fighting an internal battle, I look up at him. He does look amazing! Those soft brown eyes, that sharp jawline, and that mole above his lips! Oh god! STOP DROOLING!

Shaking the thoughts away, I focus on being indifferent to Manik.

Morning passes in a blur and it's lunch time. Navya is touching up her make up in the loo as I watch.

"And last night, we were chatting until 4. He is so sweet, Nandu." She giggles. I just smile and nod at her.

"What happened to you?" She asks.

"Nothing."

"Manik ke baare mei soch rahi ho na? Mat socho. You deserve to be treated like a princess and Manik is a loser."

"Yeah, thanks Navya." I reply. She could see how Manik and I were being distant and kept telling me to stop thinking about him.

"Navya, I need a minute to myself. You go back to the canteen. I'll join you all in some time."

"Okay. Just be good." She hugs me briefly and I head out.

Sitting in the backyard of college on the soft grass, with no one around, I take a deep breath and relax myself. Nobody really comes back here and so this place has been my solitude for a long time now.

Just then, my phone starts ringing. It's Manik. Declining the call, I switch off my phone. I really don't need anyone disturbing me right now. I check the time, and it's been forty five minutes since I came here. Shit. Lunch time is almost over. I quickly grab my bag and get up. As I am a foot from the gate, I see three guys walking out into the backyard.