final | 19 | the vows

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST CHAPTER AND A LONGER ONE, SO BUCKLE UP AND ENJOY THE RIDE! (:

for the sake of finishing this novel by the watty's 2020 cut off date of september 30th (and bc I'll be busy), this will be the last chapter. however !!!! I will be posting an epilogue to better explain things or clear any confusions the next time I update. thank you for joining me on this craaaazy journey. I hope to start editing this series and start my next NEW SERIES FEATURING OUR LOVELY GIRL, HAVEN sometime next week, so check your notifications for any messages from me. I love you with ALL of my heart hehe <3

 I love you with ALL of my heart hehe <3

6 MONTHS LATER

CALIFORNIA

AVISA'S POV

"AVISA, YOU DID IT ALL WRONG," my nagging of a mother began to say before getting up from her place on the bed. "You need to say it with more sincerity in your tone. And straighten your back."

"I do," I repeat with a little more "sincerity," topping it off with my fakest of smiles, which was basically the version of myself I'd only envision after little bit of wine sipping to loosen up my nerves. Even though mom would never allow it, I would have to ask my sister-in-law to sneak me some Merlot in a inconspicuous flask later while she's doing my makeup.

"I can't believe this is your second time saying your vows to each other and you still don't know what you're going to say."

I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly. "I'm going to wing it."

"You're the exact opposite of your sister who has always planned everything – from her outfits in elementary, to her college of choice, and to her bakery plans."

"Ah, but there is one thing she has never planned for." I wag a finger at her and smirk all too knowingly. "Her wedding."

"She's pecuiliar, your sister," my mom comments, clicking her tongue, "every girl absolutely loves the idea of getting married. Remember the fake wedding ceremonies you would set up in our old backyard?"

"Mom. I was like, five." I shake my head in embarassment.

"I thought it was still cute. Your dad on the other hand, wanted to hide you and make sure you'd never date until you were married." Her head tilts back in genuine nostalgia as her melodious laughter fills the air.

"Appa's crazy," I respond teasingly, rolling my eyes. But I think what's crazier is that he wasn't ever as over-protective over Azar as he was with me."

"She was never that boy-crazy over anyone. Or even girl-crazy for that matter. So we let her roam around. We just had to keep our eye on you and your ever-growing hormones."