"Don't act like you weren't thinking about it."

The old hag, as Rose likes to call her, always found a way to bring up Rose and Cody's careers, not hiding the fact she disapproves. On top of always finding a way to slip some annoyingly conceding joke. It made her skin crawl. Honesty most of her family was mad at the two siblings for the fact they moved to a different country and now hardly visit. Bht her grandmother was just an all around, cun-

"We could go shopping Rose? For a dress if you want, I'm not doing anything today" a voice speaks up cutting off her thoughts.

Rose glances up at Kelsey, knowing that she wasn't going to find one in her closest and agrees.

Rose smiles at her, "yeah that's a good idea, just let me get ready" she tells the girl in front of her.

Kelsey nods, telling her that she needs to do the same leaving Cody at the dining room table wondering when they became best friends. He wasn't against it though.

After they're ready Kelsey asks Rose where she wants to go, not really having an idea as to where to get dresses. Rose being used to it due to a school gala or recital informs Kelsey to a few places that they can go to.

"Are you coming?" Rose asks Kelsey absentmindedly.

"Uh no- no I don't think so, it's a family thing right" Kelsey stumbles not expecting Rose to be so laid back about it.

Rose grimaces finding it stupid, "aren't you like apart of the fam- I mean you're dating Cody? Isn't that how it works he brings you to these things."

Kelsey nervously chuckles, "I guess so-"

"Do you want me to ask him?" Rose offers not even thinking twice.

Kelsey freezes, a little shocked by Rose's invitation but declines not wanting to make it awkward for Cody.

"He's probably too nervous to even ask you to come, this would be like your first family thing together right?" Rose inquires scrolling on her phone like they conversation they're having is nothing.

Kelsey sighs, "I guess but no way I'm gonna ask to go, that's so weird" she explains.

Rose chuckles before Kelsey asks, "why does it matter anyways?" just wanting to know why Rose is so keen.

She sighs, "I'd rather have Cody have you there if that makes sense, our uh extended family is fucking annoying and I know he thinks the same, normally he plays the distraction for me so I don't know.. maybe you could be one for him."

Kelsey is taken aback at how thoughtful she's being, I mean Kelsey knows Rose obviously loves him but this was her first time actually seeing Rose show it. She thinks about how the only time Rose seems to show her love is when she's not with the person she's doing it for, it makes Kelsey respect her in a way.

"And I'd do that but like I said I'd rather not have to ask" Kelsey tells her lightheartedly.

Rose nods, "let me see, I obviously won't ask him straight up. I'm not that much of a monster."

Kelsey laughs, "thank you Rose."

Rose hides a smile, "for what?" and goes back to scrolling on her phone.

They make it to the shop after a few more minutes of traffic and walk in, Kelsey looks around in awe at the nice dresses. Of course Rose would wear nothing but a gown.

"You think I should wear white?" Rose jokes while looking around at the overwhelming amount of white dresses.

"It wouldn't surprise me," Kelsey says back playfully.