xxi

It had been nearly two weeks since everything went down. One week since Rose's nightmares had started again. She wasn't entirely shocked knowing it had been a pattern for the past few years. They'd come back every time she was overly stressed.

Both Noel and Rose had stayed far away from each other, Rose making an effort to never be home if he was over. Which was often much to her dismay. They hadn't seen each other since that morning, and to be honest their avoidance of one another hadn't gone unnoticed by Cody.

Rose never replied to Noel, and Noel took it as a sign to back off. Although she hadn't stopped thinking about it since. Rose had nearly caved a few late nights, especially after she had woken up mid panic attack.

But she didn't.

Devon's somewhat girlfriends birthday party was coming up and Rose knew he most likely wouldn't show up, so she was going to go. Mostly for the sake of keeping everyone off her back, thinking that someone has had to notice how bitter she's been lately.

The Rose that Noel somehow put to sleep has woke u[, and she wasn't fucking nice.

It was the sleep deprivation on top of well everything else that made Rose snap nearly 24/7. Cody knew something was up but didn't know what. His suspicions were knocked down a little when Rose told him that she was going to go.

It's a Friday night, the night of Jessie's party and Rose was busy isolating herself in her room while getting ready. Her loud music, almost being enough to overpower the boy's. Rose didn't like thinking about how much she's changed since their conversation. She knew it wasn't really a matter of change, it was more like a word she couldn't quite put a name too.

Noel on the other hand, had to fill the girl shaped void somehow. He threw himself into creating more content, writing scripts, doing basically anything to get his mind off calling her. And well drinking every now and then to really bury it down.

Unbeknownst to Rose, Noel was doing the same thing. Not basically mourning, but he was getting ready too. Cody had texted, taking the place of Rose for once to double check if he was coming. And he said yes, under the belief with Rose's track record she probably wouldn't be there. Also it's not like he wouldn't hate it if he saw her, even if it meant Rose chewing him out. After all it's how they met.

"Are you nearly ready Rose?" Cody asks through the door, barely audible over her music.

She sighs looking herself over quickly in the mirror. She did look hot after all, Rose makes a mental note to post the photo she took earlier in an attempt to make herself feel better to Instagram.

Opening her door she scans the room seeing everyone practically waiting at the door, "you could have told me you were ready?" she says, already annoyed.

Marcus nearly flinches at the fact she's already loaded with ammo, "we didn't want to rush you."

His tone almost makes Rose feel guilty.

She stares them down for a moment, eyebrows raised before giving the group a tight smile, "thanks.' It wasn't appreciative at all.

With that Devon nearly bursts out the door not wanting to be burnt alive, "come on guys!" he says trying to light the mood. Cody places a hand on her shoulder, trying to not comfort but reassure her. He wasn't even sure what for.

She shrugs it off but does appreciate the gesture, just not the touch.

"I'm fine Cody" she says, monotone.

He gives her a half assed smile, "whatever you say Rosie" keeping his tone light so she doesn't think he meant anything by it.

She doesn't say anything, just walks with him to the uber.