xvi (rewritten)

It's been a few weeks since Rose and Noel last saw each other, they've thrown a few texts around but other than that radio silence. Most times when Noel was over at their house - she wasn't there. Unbeknownst to Noel, Rose has been making an effort to enjoy her summer, her final summer before she tries to become a professional dancer.

Rose lies in the sun on her beach towel while her friends either enjoy the water or lie next to her. The group she normally gives her time to at school all decided on a beach day, Rose although rolling her eyes at the idea she'll have to see the people she typically sees Monday-Friday, she said yes. Propping herself up on her elbows she pulls her sunglasses down her nose using a finger, "whats the time?" she says looking towards her long time friend, Savannah. "Just after 4:30." "Hm" is all Rose returns, lying back down in the sun trying to bask in its warmth. Her efforts to basically make herself burn are interrupted when she hears her phone go off. Rolling on her side she puts her hand on the forehead, attempting to read the dimly lit screen. She's met with a text from her and her brother's friends.
Frat Bros and Hoes 🍺

Sam: anyone down for a kickback tonight? we can have it at mine I'm so bored.

Devon: you don't even have to ask u had me at party

Marcus: Sure :)

                      Rose: Devon he didn't even say party.

Cody: yup sam we'll be there

Kelsey Kreppel: he means him and I** ur an idiot Cody it looks like you said yes for Rose.

Cody: :(

Devon: come on rose pose

Sam: rose we'll let u stay up past your bedtime

Jessie: Pft, Rose if you do come you can hang out with us girls, fuck the guys 🙄🙄

Devon: hey she's one of us.

                                   Rose: You all look pathetic :(
              Rose: I'm with friends, you know that.

Devon: So ditch them? Why r u hanging out with kids anyways we all know you're well above ur years Rosie 😋

Cody, Marcus and Jessie all haha'd Devons text

Noel Miller: Yo Sam mind if I bring a friend?

Cody: you got a girl????

Sam: course not man

Rose freezes when she reads Noel's text, she hasn't seen that name on her phone in what feels like forever. Her mind starts to wander about who is this friend. She thinks it could be Spock? She's heard him mention a few times. Or a girl. It could be a girl. What if it's Mia? The girl from the bar? Rose feels herself frown at her brain's thoughts, get it together Rose she tells herself.

Frat Bros and Hoes 🍺

Sam: course not man

Noel Miller: Sick thanks dude

Rose: If I hear the word dude in his groupchat again I'm clawing everyones eyes out.
                    Rose: Women and children are spared.