Loss (Belphegor x reader)

Start from the beginning

"Oh. You're definitely going to get better! Right?" I looked to my grandma, who just smiled at me. A small part of me knew that smile was fake, but I didn't want to believe it.

"Of course, dear."

All four of us talked about we had been doing lately. My mother had been keeping grandma's house clean, and my father had recently gotten a promotion at his job.

"How is...what was his name? The one with the blue hair and white bangs..." I smiled. I had talked to her about the brothers, but she mentioned one time how I talked about Belphie most of the time.

Surprisingly, my family was calm about me going to Devildom. They didn't mind that it was filled with demons.

"Belphie's doing fine. He sleeps all of the time, like usual. He's probably taking his afternoon nap right now."

"So, has he made any moves yet?" I blushed as my grandma said that. She's always been the type to tease someone about things like this.

"N-No..." I noticed the time on my phone, and apologetically looked at my grandma. I really didn't want to leave her side, but I knew I had to go.

"I'm sorry, but I need to meet up with Lucifer. I promise that I'll come back next month."

"Alright, dear. But next time can you bring Belphegor? I want to meet him." I nodded.

"Sure! I'll see you next month. I love you." I said as I left the room. The same doctor from earlier looked at me again, but this time his gaze was impossible to read.

I entered the elevator, and headed down to the first floor. When I got outside of the hospital, Lucifer was waiting for me.

"Did you wait long?"

"No, I just arrived. Is she doing alright?"

"Yeah! They said there's a good chance she's going to get better." Lucifer nodded as he opened a portal nearby. We walked inside, and returned to Devildom.

-a month later-

"C'mon Belphie! She's going to be so happy to meet you." I tugged on Belphie's arm as he followed me to Lucifer's office.

"I'm coming..." He yawned as I knocked on Lucifer's door. A few seconds later he opened it, and nodded. I had told him I would be bringing Belphie with me this time.

So he opened a portal like always, and the three of us walked inside. Lucifer said he would pick us up in a couple hours as he left us.

"So, is it your mom or dad's mom?"

"It's my mom's mother. She's really nice and funny. You'll love her, I'm sure of it." I said as we entered the hospital. Belphie kept looking around as I lead him to the elevator.

"What is this?"

"This is an elevator. It rises up, and takes us to which floor we choose. In this case, we're going to the forth floor." I pressed the button, and the doors slid shut.

Belphie seemed a little nervous as the elevator began moving. His grip on my hand got tighter, and I chuckled. He glared at me as the door slid open.

Almost immediately I could hear quiet sobs from nearby, and I knew who was crying. I tightened my own grip on Belphie's hand, and hurried to my grandma's hospital room.

My mother was holding onto my grandma's hand tightly, as if she were going to dissapear forever if she let go even for a second. I noticed that the familiar beeping sound was slower than usual.

"G-Grandma...?" I hurried over to the other side of the bed, and she had a little smile on her face. She was focusing on me. I could feel my chest tightening like it did last month.