Chapter 28: Her Everything

Beginne am Anfang

Annie looked down in guilt. She didn't really mean for everything to happen this way. She really did enjoy his company, but you one couldn't blame her as well since she just had her 'long lost friend' back. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? That's all you have to say?" Luke lightly scoffed before standing up, "for the good of all, let's just break up. I'm really thankful for the past few weeks that you gave me. I'll cherish all the memories that we had. It'll probably be hard, but I'll try my best to forget you. Goodbye, Annie. I hope the best for you." Luke removed the couple ring on his ring finger, dropped in on the ground, and walked away, not sparing a single glance at the latter again.

Annie just sat there staring at the ring laying on the ground. Fresh tears sprung from her eyes and she began sobbing. She didn't fight her feeling anymore. She covers his mouth with both hands to contain her wails but they escape anyway. He took the ring from the ground and hugged it to her chest and cried even harder. She drops from the ground with her knees getting scraped as she was waring a skirt, this time, saying Luke's name and a bunch of 'sorry's over and over again. Suddenly, Annie felt a soft warmth surround her. She opened her eyes to see that it was her brother, Mike.

She closes her eyes and cries harder on his chest. "Mike, I ruined everything. I ruined everything," she wailed. He shushed her and hugger her even tighter. He kisses the top of her head and declared that they should both go home.

*** *** ***

A week has passed and it was finally the weekend. Annie's closet was now empty like what the rest of her room looked like. Empty. She had already packed her things up as soon as she talked to the university's president. He had given her all the files that needed to get filled upon. Her parents were unavailable, but since Mike was of a legal age already and that he was one of her guardians, she was permitted to let her brother sign them as long as her parents would allow it. Thankfully, she had explained the situation to them and they all agreed, though all of them were hesitant. Mike agreed as well thinking that this might be a good opportunity for her to move on and forget about Luke. He didn't tell anyone as well since Annie asked for that, and all he wanted was to make things better for his sister.

Annie sat on her bed and browsed contents of the envelope to make sure that all files were completed before she sends it back to the university. She sighed and thought of how perfect the call the received a few days ago to help her get out of things.

// Flashback //

Last night, Annie was reading a thick book and was searching the web for a research she had to pass two weeks later despite the depressing events that happened in the past few days. She wanted to busy herself with something and stress herself out as much as possible to get her mind off of things like what she had been doing for the past days. Ashton and Calum felt sorry for her and tried to cheer her up, but to no avail. Mike went up with a lot of jokes to get her attention, but all she did was stick her head on her thick books and study. The other boys tried their best as well, but they failed as well. She was back to being the ice princess, but this time, she truly shut herself from everyone. And when one says everyone, he means everyone.

Her phone suddenly rang. Not thinking of who it was, she grabbed it almost immediately to see who disturbed her research only to be greeted by an unknown number. Warily, she slid the answer button and pressed her phone on her ear. "Hello?" She spoke with a firm tone.

"Good evening. Is this Ms. Annie Clifford speaking?" The person on the other line asked.

"Yes, I'm Annie Clifford.  May I ask who this is?" Annie asked in return.