Chapter 1: Her Life

• 点播给 To all my AFF readers

“Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.” ― Jodi Picoult

* * * * *

Her name is Annie Clifford, a 19-year old, junior girl who loves coffee. She has an overprotective brother named Michael Clifford and is a freshman at Norwest Christian College. She's beautiful, charming, but a very, very stone-faced girl. As stunning as she was, most of the guys from her school were scared of her hawk-eyes, most especially with her poker-faced expression. It was like all emotions were void from her face. It showed no pain, no boredom, no sadness, and even happiness -- there was none.

Her brother was the complete opposite though. He was really charming to most people, and very friendly at that. Heck, he would lay off very lame jokes for Annie's liking yet he'd have the laughs of the people listening to him. His very tall stature helps attract a lot of people's attention as well. It was one of the things that the siblings had in common -- their height. They were both tall nonetheless, but in terms of personalities, they were polar opposites.

Despite being a senior, she was a loner. There she was, sitting at her favorite spot in the coffee shop near her university. She was looking outside the window, her long brown hair, kissable lips and beautiful hazel eyes were highlighted by the way the sun glistened on her, making the boys near her to awe at her appearance.

It didn't go unnoticed to Annie as she felt many eyes on her. She glanced at the boys, who were mostly students from her university, who immediately looked away and pretended to be busy although some of them were tough enough to send her winks and continue staring. She groaned.

"This always happens. Ugh." She thought.

It was 6:30 in the morning, 30 minutes before her first class starts. She was getting impatient although she just arrived 5 minutes ago. She doesn't really like people staring at her. As mush as possible she wanted to be in the shadows. She didn't like attention. It was one of the reasons why she always had her pokerface on, so people might think that she's snobbish and arrogant and for that reason she thinks that people will avoid her. Her method worked especially for the girls, however, she's having a hard time with the opposite gender. An example is what's happening right now.

Five minutes later, her caffe latte arrived. She sighed in relief as she saw her latte. She took a quick sip and plastered a small smile on her face. The caffe latte was balanced between the milk and espresso. The latte was warm and fresh and it made her satisfied. This was one of the reasons why this coffee ship is her favorite. Their coffees make her feel like she's in heaven.

She momentarily forgot about the boys and finished her coffee. When she was done, she smiled contently and placed the porcelain cup at the table. She looked up and noticed that boys were looking at her awestruck. She just rolled her eyes.

She looked at her watch and stood up hastily, grabbing her bag and books, and immediately went out the shop. It was 6:50 already. She didn't want to be late for class.

She was already outside the shop when she bumped into someone, causing her books to fall to the ground. She stumbled and almost fell to the ground if it weren't for those hands gripping her waist, steadying her.

She looked up the said suspect and was about to say sorry when she saw that it was...

* * * * *

Author's Note:

Here is the first chapter! I hope you guys like it! This story is already completed, so expect me to update constantly. That's a good thing, I guess, since you won't be left hanging. Do vote and comment though. I'm doing some major editing after this, so expect a lot of chances once I finish uploading all chapters. Thank you!