Chapter 28: Her Everything

"It's always difficult to say goodbye, especially when one has spent a long time - literally years, in the case of a series - inside a character or two, suffering and celebrating with them." - Lilith Saintcrow

*** *** ***

Kaiden hugged Annie  back thinking that she had accepted his confession and smiled, or so he thought. "I'm sorry, Kaiden." That simple sentence broke his heart as he already knew what was bound to come next. "I did like you. I liked you back then, and to tell you the truth, I don't know if I still do, or not, but there's a reason why I'm in a relationship with Luke. I wouldn't accept him if I didn't love him. That's for sure." Annie broke the hug and gazed at his eyes, a light smile lingering on her lips. "I'm really happy that we're finally okay, but I can't accept your confession. I'm sorry."

A tear escaped Kaiden's eyes as he bitterly smiled and hastily remove the tear from his face. "I understand. Aish." He hastily wiped the other tears that followed right after. "I'm so sorry for acting like this. I'm losing my cool, you know?" He laughed and stepped away from her. "You should go after him. Go."

He ordered as he stepped another feet away from her.

"What about you?" She asked.

"What about me? Don't worry about that. I can handle myself. I'll be fine. Now, go after him." She bit her hip and move closer to briefly hug him again, while the latter accepted the hug and hugged her as tightly as possible.

"Thank you, Kaiden."

Annie glanced from left to right, finding Luke. A few students looked at her in confusion but she didn't mind. She had to find him. She had to. The longer it took her to find him and the more she tried to calm herself, the more the palpitations increased. From the long run that she had just took in order to find him, it took her a few more seconds that necessary in order to control her breathing. She suddenly felt a knot in her stomach. What if she won't be able to find him?

Two hours had passed and she wasn't able to find him. She had went wild in finding him in the campus, and she even went to his house as well as the other boys' houses just to find him, but she failed. A sudden realization dawned into her as she forgot to visit this one place that he'd be most likely be. The park. It wasn't just any park. It was 'their' park.

She took a taxi to the park from Niall's house just to get there as soon as possible. As she the taxi finally landed on the said premises, she hastily paid as soon as she saw the familiar silhouette of a tan boy sitting at one of the swings, and it wasn't just any swing as well. It was 'their' swing.

"I knew you'd be here. Took you long enough." Luke said, a bitter smile on his lips.

Breathing heavily, Annie took heed on one of the swings and sighed heavily as she balanced her breathing. "Can we talk?" She asked.

"What's there to talk about? We're done, right?" Luke stated.

Annie's blood ran cold. Were they really done? Just like that? It took her a while to answer until he finally looked at her in the eyes and said, "It was too much. You have no idea how hurt I was when I saw the two of you hugging, alone. You have no idea how degrading it was for me to see you like that. Much more, I had no idea that you two were finally fine with each other. I have no idea until I walked away and the boys saw me. They told me everything; everything that you weren't able to tell me. Didn't you have any ounce of trust to me at all? You could've just told me from the very beginning that you still wanted him. Why did you wait for me to see it with my own eyes. Did you really want to see me get hurt?" He finished.