"Oh my gosh, you took me out for my favorite meal, Vietnamese!". "But I've never seen this place before, how did you find it?".

"I stumbled upon it when Matt and I went for a cruise, just after I purchased my truck Before we started dating". "Come baby let's go check it out, shall we?".

Adam get's out of the truck, walking over to my side and helps me out. I step out and look up in awe of it's sheer beauty. Walking in through the doors the waitress seat's us at a window table. The table is simple yet elegant. She takes our order and brings it to us once it's ready, this has to be the best food ive ever tasted.

Afterwards he took me dancing to a little club. It's not something that he normally likes doing, but he said he wanted to make me happy, and just to see a smile on my face was enough for him.

Close to the end of the night when we are just about to leave I am turned with my back to Adam getting my jacket on and grabbing my stuff. When I turn back around he's leaned down on one knee. My eyes shoot wide open in shock as he pull's something out of his pocket, a box. He hand's it to me and I open it up. Inside are two beautiful rings' that say (Her King) and (His Queen).

"Adam what are you doing, get off the floor". "People are starting to stare".

"I don't care baby, let them stare". "I've made to many mistakes this past year and a half, I don't want to mess this moment up because people are nosey".

"Adam!". "Your scaring me, what's going on?".

"Katie my love, my life". "Ever since I first layed eye's on you I knew that one day you would be mine". "You have become such an important part of my life". "I know that I have made many MANY mistakes in the past year and a half but I promise you baby hear and now that I will spend every single day from here on making it up to you". "These are promise rings' I know that we are not quite ready for marriage yet, but I want to promise you that you are the only woman that I want for the rest of my life". "I love you so much Katie".

Adam takes the little black box removing the rings' and place's the ring that say's (His Queen) on my finger, then hand's me the ring that say's (Her King) and I place it on his finger. He stands up and pull's me in hugging me tight kissing me passionately on the lip's.

I pull away looking at my finger with the biggest smile on my face.

"They're perfect baby, I love them". "When did you get them?, we weren't exactly on the best of term's beforehand".

                                         ADAM'S POV

My expression must of changed when she asked me her question. I didn't want to have to bring up Mal again and ruin the mood. As I am standing infront of her battling within me as to what to say, I can see Katie's expression change.

"Please Adam, just tell me".

"Can we please go home and talk about this, Katie?". "Away from watchful eye's".

She thinks for a long moment before replying.

"Fine but we are not done talking about this Adam, this is far from over".

"Yes baby I know". "I love you, Katie!".

She grab's her stuff and walks past me not saying a word. Shit!, It's going to be a long night. We get out to the truck and I hold the door for her as she gets in still not saying a word. I jog to the driver's side take a deep breath and get in the truck. The ride home is silent as she just stares out the window. Finally I just can't take the silence any longer so I grab for her hand and break the silence.

"Babe!?".

She turns to look at me, sadness in her eye's. How the hell do I make this better?. How do I get her to understand the head space that I was in when I bought those rings'.

"Please don't cry baby, it crushes me to see you this sad".

In a small whisper she asks.

"When did you get these ring's, Adam?". "And please don't lie".

I sigh a big heavy breath afraid of how this could end. Not wanting to go back to the way that thing's used to be.

"When, Adam?".

"The same day that I went to confront, Mal". "Sorry I mean Her". "I was feeling so exhilarated after finally cutting ties with her that I just knew this was the right thing, it felt right baby". "I only had you in mind when I picked them out, I promise baby". "Please tell me that you believe me Katie". "I swear, you are the only one that I want in my life".

She stares back out the window not saying a word. How in the hell do I keep fucking thing's up so bad.

We get home and I park. Katie get's out of the truck and head's inside with me following behind her.

She takes off her shoe's and jacket and set's her purse down. She start's to head to the bedroom, then stops and turns around to look at me.

"Are you coming to bed, Mr. Roth?".

Mr. Roth?. I am immediately on my feet and following her like a love sick puppy to the bedroom. We undress in silence and crawl into bed. I pull her as close to me as I can possibly get her and just hug her tight. Her back is to me so my face is resting in the crook of her neck.

"I'm still upset, Adam". "I just don't want to sleep alone".

"I understand, Baby". "I love you, Katie bear".

She snuggles into me even more and I hold her tighter.

"I love you too".

I lay there the rest of the time just listening to her breathing as she drifts off to sleep with myself drift off to sleep shortly after. That was close I almost lost her tonight, again. I have to get my head on straight if this is going to work.

                                     AUTHOR NOTE

Sorry this chapter took so long, I struggled with it a little. Plus I kept getting kicked off the other app that I rough draft write on so I had to start over a couple times. Hope you enjoy the new chapter, please remember to comment and vote for my stories if you like them. Thank you for your support and patience and understanding. I appreciate you all. And sorry it's a little short. 😘💕