-18-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

James walked into the dorm room and flopped on the bed like a discarded fish.

Yes, exactly like that.

"Uhh..." Remus exchanged a look with the other two boys and bit back a laugh, "what's wrong, mate?"

"It's Lily."

"What about her?"

"She's just so...so...ugh," and he rolled off his bed onto the floor, making a loud thud, "ow."

"You good?" Sirius asked.

"Yes...just leave me here to die...there's no point living if I can't marry Lily Evans."

"You haven't asked her out in a while," Remus remarked, as if it was impressive (which really, it was).

"I know, it's been torture," James sighed melodramatically.

Sirius snorted and turned back to his guitar, playing the same little thing he had been playing for days.

"What is that?" James asked from the floor.

"Not sure, I just like it," Sirius murmured.

"I liked it too, for the first month," Remus said, not looking up from his textbook.

"I know, I need to find something new to play..."

"What about turning it into a song?"

Sirius raised an eyebrow at Peter, "a song?"

"Yeah, you know, with words..."

"Huh," Sirius nodded thoughtfully, before looking back at his guitar, "I could do that."

"Words?" Remus raised a brow, "can you even write?"

"Oh shut up."

"What about singing, can you sing? I've never heard you," James said.

"Umm, of course I can? Have you seen me? I'm like...already a rockstar."

"Yeah, like Van Halen but shorter," Remus snorted.

"Oi," Sirius threw a pillow at him. "You're on thin ice, Lupin, real thin ice."

Remus caught it and threw it back with a grin on his face before looking back at his textbook and turning over the page, completely unbothered.

"Excuse me, I'm a werewolf and you're just a little dog," Remus said quietly, beginning to read again, "I'd crush you like an ant."

The guys all laughed, even Sirius, just out of shock since Remus didn't normally joke about his condition. It was nice to see he was starting to be able to take himself less seriously. It's what they all did.

"Wonder what I'd write about," Sirius murmured after a moment, staring at the guitar in his hands.

"A girl?" James suggested, "I know I'd write about Lily."