-41-

· 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"Did you just say Black?"

Caroline pursed her lips and nodded, "oui."

It was a Sunday. As in a speak French all day Sunday.

"As in the family, Black? Do you know how blood-purist and prejudice they are?" Her Dad asked, raising his voice slightly, "and you're dating one?"

"He was disowned, Dad," she said, with those words she watched as the angry look on his face melted away, "in the Summer before fifth year. He's a nice guy, I promise."

"You said you met him, didn't you?" Her Dad asked Luther who was making the tea.

"He seemed fine," Luther shrugged, "but I didn't really have a proper conversation with him."

"I can't wait to meet him," Caroline's Mum said, "where are you guys gonna go?"

"Oh, I think we're just going to stay here," Caroline said, "don't worry, he speaks French too."

Her Mum's eyes widened and she whispered, "perfect."

There was a knock on the door.

"Everyone be nice," Caroline said, looking pointedly at her Dad and her brother, before smiling at her Mum, "you coming?"

Her Mum smiled and followed her out the room to go to the front door.

Caroline opened the door to Sirius. She noticed he had tried to do his hair for once, and had actually pulled it up into a top-knot, which revealed the scar he had, usually hidden by his long hair - it must have been important to him to make an effort if he had done that, he hated his hair up usually. A few stray strands of hair hung down into his bright eyes, but it kind of worked somehow. He was also wearing the leather jacket that he always wore, but had rolled up the sleeves because it was a Summer day. His ring clad fingers were wrapped round the base of a small bouquet of flowers.

"Bonjour," he smiled at the both of them.

"Sirius, this is my Mum," Caroline said, gesturing to the woman beside her.

"Mum? You look young enough to be sisters," Sirius smiled charmingly, before holding out the flowers to her Mum, "for you."

"Thank you," her Mum gasped, taking them from him, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Sirius, and may I say your French is perfect."

"Oh well thank you, Caroline told me you speak French on Sundays, I had to join in," he said.

"Come on in, Sirius," Caroline said, stepping back.

He stepped into the house as her Mum began to walk back to the kitchen where the boys were.

"You look great," Caroline whispered to him in English, taking his hand.

"So do you," he whispered back.

She lead him through to the kitchen.

"Dad, this is Sirius, Sirius this is my Dad."

Sirius shook his hand firmly, a friendly smile on his face. He was desperate to make a good impression.

"And you've already met Luther," Caroline said to him.

"Alright?" Luther greeted, nodding at the boy, a little less hostility than last time but not that much less.

"Nice to see you again," Sirius said, not acknowledging the hostility.