-50-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

The Potter's Christmas party.

It was safe to say Caroline was quite nervous. What would it be like? What should she wear? Who would be there?

Luckily she had Sirius to pester with all these questions, and after learning it was informal and most of the girls wear party dresses, and that some school friends and some of James' family would be there, she felt a lot better.

She zipped up the short red dress she was wearing and smoothed out the skirt, it fell to her mid-thigh, as she assumed that's the kind of thing most of the other girls would be wearing. Luther had helped with her curls, as usually her Mum would help with this sort of thing, so they were shiny and held in a defined way.

It was 7:15 when she was about to apparate, but something caught her eye. Hanging up on the mirror was a gold necklace, a heart shaped pendant at the end of it with red gemstones on the outline. It had been her Mother's, but Caroline had worn it the Christmas before and her Mum had obviously just never asked for it back.

After some hesitation, she stepped forward and unhooked it from the framing of the mirror. She fastened it round her neck and looked at her reflection.

It reminded her of her Mum, and for the first time that didn't make her sad. It was a nice thought.

She checked the time again, 7:17. It started at 7, but she had learnt it was the 'cool' thing to be late.

She disapparated.

When she arrived at the Potter's door she didn't know what she was expecting, but it definitely wasn't this huge house. It was practically a mansion.

She meekly knocked on the door

It swung open. Sirius was there, a huge smile on his face.

"Darling," he stepped back, allowing her to come in, "hello."

"Hello, my love," she said back, smiling softly, "don't I get a hello kiss?"

He chuckled, "of course."

He pressed a firm, passionate kiss to her lips.

"How's that?" He asked.

She tried to hide her giddiness, "that was sufficient."

"Sufficient," he repeated, rolling his eyes and laughing, "come on in, I want to dance. And then I've got something to give to you."

They entered the main room where everyone was situated, a few people were having drinks and chatting, but the majority were dancing.

"May I have this dance?" Sirius asked her, holding out his hand.

"If you insist," she said warmly.

They went to the dance floor and he pulled her close.

She wished she could stay here forever. He was her best friend and her soulmate. She hoped nothing ever got in the way of them being together for the rest of their lives.

That was the first time she had thought that.

This was the man she would marry.

Sirius fucking Black.

Now, wasn't that something.

Fin.