-8-

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

"Happy Birthday!"

Caroline stopped brushing her teeth to look at Eloise who had just jumped into the bathroom. She laughed, brushed her teeth for a few more moments before spitting out a muttering a 'thank you'.

"I have your present under my bed," Eloise said excitedly,

"Aw, you didn't have to," she said, wiping her mouth on the towel.

"Don't be silly, come on!"

Caroline followed Eloise out of the bathroom, and was surprised to see their two other dorm-mates awake too. They wished her a happy birthday, to which she smiled brightly and thanked them.

"Here," Eloise passed her a small, wrapped up box.

Caroline took it and smiled gratefully, "wow, thank you."

She sat cross-legged on her bed and began to unwrap the present. It was a small velvet box. She lifted the lid and gasped.

"You didn't..."

Eloise giggled, "I did."

Caroline took it out of the box and gaped at it, completely mesmerised. It was a necklace, with a jewelled representation of the Virgo constellation. Caroline was obsessed with the stars and zodiac signs so really, this was the best gift someone could get her.

"This amazing, thank you," Caroline stood up and hugged Eloise.

"Aw, you're welcome," Eloise said before they pulled away. "I'm glad you like it."

"Are you kidding? I love it!"

After a few moments of trying, she was able to fasten it round her neck, smiling brightly at Eloise. How had she gotten so lucky to have a friend as good as her?

· 。゚☆: *.☽

"Happy birthday!" Tyler cheered when Caroline and Eloise approached the table where he was already waiting.

"Ahh, thank you," Caroline smiled, sliding into the seat beside him. "Seventeen, can you believe it?"

"You're so old," Eloise giggled.

"Jane's next, right? 29th November," Tyler said.

"What's this about me?"

"Hey!" They greeted her and she jumped into the seat opposite Caroline.

"Happy birthday!" She exclaimed. "When are we doing presents?"

"Oh, you really didn't have to get me anything-"

"Don't be silly, of course we got you something, you're 17!"

"Well I've already given her present," Eloise said.

"No fair! I thought we were supposed to do them together!"

"It's alright, we can do whenever we want today, how about before dinner in the courtyard?" Caroline suggested.

"Good idea."

"Aw, our 17 year old Carrie is just so old and wise," Tyler cooed.

"Happy Birthday!" Archie jogged over to them and sat beside Caroline, giving her a little side hug. "Seventeen! You're such an old lady."

She laughed, "yes, that's been pointed out to me already."

"Here's your present," he pulled it out.

"We're doing them before dinner in the courtyard, love," Eloise told him.

"Ah, I missed that."

"It's okay, I mean Eloise already did her present so..."

"Oh shush with that," Eloise nudged Tyler with a laugh. "I'm sorry, okay?"

Caroline caught sight of Julian who had just walked in and was looking over at her from the main doors. He smiled and waved her over. She nodded and stood up.

"I'll be right back."

She went over to Julian who held his arms slightly for a hug, which she accepted, wrapping her arms round the back of his neck. They pulled away and he pressed a kiss to her lips. Normally she didn't like public displays of affection like that, but today was different, it was her birthday.

"Happy birthday, Carrie."

"Thank you," she smiled softly, feeling her heart swell as she looked up to him.

"Come with me, I want to give you your birthday present."

Her hand in his, he lead her out of the hall and to the mostly empty corridor outside. She stood opposite him, not really sure what to expect.

"Here," he handed her a badly wrapped box. "Sorry for the wrapping..."

"It's okay," Caroline giggled.

She turned it over and began to unwrap it, putting the wrapping paper into the deep pocket of her robe. It was a small, velvet box. She looked up at Julian who looked back, his brown eyes shining hopefully. She opened the lid to see a silver chain bracelet, with a flat, blue-white stone in between two of chains in the middle.

"Um," Julian cleared his throat. "The stone is a moon stone. It's supposed to like, fend off negative energy or something."

"Thank you," she breathed, taking out the bracelet from the box. "Could you help me put it on?"

He nodded and she held out her wrist, so he unclasped the bracelet from the box and clasped it again round her wrist.

"It fits good," he nodded.

She hugged him and murmured into his shoulder, "thank you."

"Oh, you're welcome..."

They pulled away and she kissed his cheek, making him go slightly pink.

"You can go back to your friends now, I just wanted to give you that," he said, pushing a dark curl out of her face.

"Okay, thank you."

"I hope you have a great birthday," he said, holding one of her hands in his again.

"Thank you, I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Yeah, I...wait, just come here..."

She stepped closer and he pulled her into another kiss, his hand cupping her cheek. She kissed him back for a couple of seconds before pulling away and looking down shyly.

"See you later, Carrie," he smiled softly.

She watched him walk away and bounced on her heels happily, before turning to head back into the hall. Before she got into there, Peeves zoomed in front of her.

"Oh!" She jumped at the sight of the poltergeist. "Hello, Peeves."

"I heard it's your birthday!" He sang happily. "Anyone you want me to prank in your honour?"

She laughed, "no one I can think of, but thanks for the offer."

"Just say the word, clever girl, and I'll do it."

He winked before vanishing into a puff of smoke with a loud POP sound, making her jump again. Seemed he liked her for some reason.

She headed back into the hall and sat back with her friends, showing off her new bracelet from Julian proudly. She missed the flicker of something unreadable on Eloise's face, but Jane didn't miss it, and thought it strange. Was Eloise...jealous?

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*