Chapter 10 A Helping Hand

It had pissed Logan off to no end that Jean had kissed him, but it did serve a purpose. He did find out that Amara was jealous and attracted to him. Now that Logan knew Amara was attracted to him, he decided to flirt with her more openly and avoid Jean at all costs. It sickened him to have Jean kiss him now that Logan had found his mate. Logan didn't even like Jean touching him. To Logan, it felt like a betrayal to Amara to have any other female touch him.

Logan's plan was simple; he was going to drive Amara crazy with sexual frustration. He decided to wear his jeans a little tighter and wear tighter shirts to show off his muscles. But that's not all Logan was going to do; he was going to turn up the charm to eleven. Logan knew that when he wanted to, he could be very charming, but most of the time, he didn't bother. Logan was optimistic that eventually, Amara would give in. He smirked at the thought of driving Amara crazy.

“Let the hunt begin.”

So, the next day when Logan got ready for his gym class. He put on a pair of sweats that were nice and snug and a white tee shirt that clung to his muscles like a second skin. Logan smirked and made his way downstairs to breakfast. When he arrived, all the teachers were already sitting at the faculty table. He went into the kitchen and served himself some eggs, a ton of bacon and sausage, some toast, and grabbed a cup of coffee.

When Logan went to sit with the teacher, the first thing he noticed was that Amara wasn't looking at him. Logan made a point of scraping his chair on the floor to get her attention. Amara glanced up at Logan then did a double-take. She quickly looked away and went back to her breakfast. A smile of satisfaction spread across Logan's face when he saw a blush slowly creeping its way up Amara's face. Then his lip curled in disgust when he smelled Jean's arousal. Shit, Logan forgot that Jean would react to him as well.

Logan sat down and addressed all the teachers, “Morning, gang.”

“Good morning, Logan, how did you sleep,” Charles asked.

“Pretty good, Charles, thanks.”

“Are you ready for your first day of gym class?” Ororo asked him.

“As ready as I'll ever be.”

Logan noticed that Amara wasn't looking at him; he took a sip of his coffee then leaned forward, “Good morning, Amara.”

Amara barely glanced at Logan, “Good morning, Mr. Howlett,” Amara said and went back to talking to Scott.

It was burning Logan up that his mate talked to that boy scout, but he knew nothing was going on between them. He could tell by how Scott treated Amara that his feelings were more familial than romantic. That was a good thing; Logan didn't want to have to kill Scott. He felt very territorial when it came to Amara, and he would kill any male that came sniffing around his mate.

Charles sat there drinking his coffee, watching Logan and Amara with an amused look on his face. He knew that Amara was attracted to Logan, but she was too stubborn to ever give in to her feelings. And Charles knew that Logan would never give up on trying to win Amara over. This chase was going to quite enjoyable to watch.

As they were having their breakfast, Jean noticed that Logan kept glancing at Amara as she talked and laughed with her fiancee and with Kurt. Her eyes narrowed at Amara when she realized that Logan was attracted to her, ‘Damn her for trying to take what is mine,’ Jean thought. Jean wasn't going to let Amara get away with taking Logan from her.

After breakfast, Amara left for her morning classes while Jean and Scott picked up the dining hall. Logan made his way to the gym; he passed by Amara's classroom and smiled as he saw that she enthusiastically taught her lesson, and the students were enjoying themselves. Logan eventually left and went to the gym to teach his class, but it didn't go unnoticed to Amara that Logan had been there. Just because her wolf was under control didn't mean she didn't have some heightened senses; her eyesight was one of them. Amara had seen Mr. Howlett the minute he paused in front of her door, and it had annoyed her to no end that he was spying on her.

‘What the hell is his problem,’ Amara thought, as she continued with her class.

Once class was over, Amara collected the homework and dismissed her students. She sat down at her desk and decided to grade the papers while waiting for her next class. Amara noticed that most of the students did well; some may need a little help here and there, but it was nothing Amara couldn't work with; Amara did notice that Marie did exceptionally well in math and science, and she wondered if the girl was thinking about going on to college and perhaps majoring in some sort of science program.

The thought of helping Marie further her education was an exciting thought. She would have to ask Charles how her other grades were, and if they were as good as Amara thought, then Marie could do almost anything, and she was going to help her. Looking at her watch, Amara noticed that she had plenty of time to talk to Charles and see what he recommended.

Amara left her classroom and locked the door. She made her way towards Charles's office to ask him about Marie. Knocking on his door, Charles invited her in, “I think that's an excellent idea, Amara,” Charles said as soon as Amara walked in.

“I thought you didn't read people's minds without their permission?”

“I don't, but you were projecting your thoughts so loudly I couldn't help it,” Charles said with a chuckle, “The only problem with what you are thinking, my dear, is Rogue's Mutant powers.”

Amara's face fell. She had forgotten about Marie's powers, that she was unable to touch other people, and that would be a dead give away that she was a Mutant. Though most people were tolerant of Mutants, those few that weren't made their lives hell, and that was something that Amara didn't want Marie to go through. And she was sure that Marie didn't want to hurt anyone accidentally.

Suddenly, Amara's eyes lit up; the only solution was to create something that would dampen her powers, but it had to be something that Marie could control at will, and she knew just the person who could do that, “I think I know how to help Marie, Charles. I only need to talk to Tony, and he may need to create another AI for Marie.”

Charles furrowed his brow, “How could Tony help?”

Amara explained her idea to Charles, and Charles frowned, “Charles, what's wrong?”

“Couldn't that be used against other Mutants?”

“Thus, the AI. It would be like JARVIS. The AI would never allow such a thing to happen. Tony could program it to self-destruct if necessary. Besides, no one on this Earth can replicate an AI built by Tony. Hell, there are no AI's other than Tony's.”

“Then I think it's a good idea; when will you ask Tony,” Charles asked.

“JARVIS? Can you let my brother know what we discussed here, please?”

**Right away, Ms. Stark.**

“I love him so much.”

Charles chuckled, “I would assume you're not going to tell Rogue anything about this until you know for sure it can be done.”

“Of course not, I don't want to get her hopes up. Though eventually, Tony will have to meet her to analyze her powers.”

Charles nodded, then he looked at his watch, “It's almost time for your next class, Amara.”

“Oh, goodness, I have to run, Charles, see you later.”

Amara hurried to her classroom, where the students were standing outside the door, “Sorry, gang, I need to talk to the Professor very quickly.”

Amara unlocked the door and let her students in; this period, she would be teaching science to the underclassmen, “Alright, today, we're going to we're going to dissect frogs.”

The boys were excited, but the girls were grossed out.

“JARVIS, the frogs, if you would, please?”

**Right away, Ms. Stark.**

A hologram of dead frogs appeared on the desks of each student, “You didn't think we'd be carving up real frogs, did you?”

The girls laughed, but the boys groaned.

And so the class dissected their holographic frogs for science class.