Chapter 3 Recovery

Amara woke up two days later much to the relief of Tony and Bruce. Her memory was a little fuzzy but slowly it started to return to her. She began to explain to Tony and Bruce what had happened though she left out the part about the wolf getting up after she blasted it and grinning at her. That was something that disturbed her greatly and she didn't want to talk about not even with Tony.

A day later Amara was allowed to go home, “Be sure to follow up with your doctor when you return to the United States, Miss. Stark,” The doctor tells her.

“I will Doctor and thank you for everything you did for me.”

To show his appreciation for all they had done for his little sister, Tony made a $20,000 contribution to the hospital. After that, He, Bruce, and Amara left for the airport and flew back to Malibu. By the time they arrived Happy was waiting for them. Tony and Bruce helped Amara off the plane and into the car.

By the time they arrived at the Malibu house, Amara was in agony. Tony quickly called her doctor and had him come over to examine Amara and give her some pain pills.

**Sir, Dr. Colburn is here to see Miss Stark,** JARVIS announced.

“Good, let him in, I'll be up in a minute.”

Tony got up from his workbench and Bruce turned around, “Do you want me to go with you, Honey?”

“Do you mind?”

Bruce put down what he was working on, “Not at all, Tony, you know I'm always here for you.” Bruce tells him as he gives Tony a hug.

“Thank you Brucie Bear,” Tony mumbles into his shoulder then pulls away to give Bruce a kiss on the lips.

They head upstairs and meet with Dr. Colburn, “Doc, how are you,” Tony says as he shakes the doctor's hand.

“I'm good, Tony, how are you?”

“Good.”

“And Amara, how's she doing after the attack?” Dr. Colburn asks.

“She seems to be doing well so far, but she's in pain that's why Tony called you so you can examine her and so that you can give her something for her pain,” Bruce tells him.

“Of course, where is she?”

“Right this way, Doc,” Tony says as he leads the way upstairs with Bruce trailing behind the doctor.

They get to Amara's room, and Tony knocks on the door, “Mara, it's Tony, Dr. Colburn is here to see you. Can we come in?”

“Yes, Tony.”

Tony opens the door and sees his baby sister lying on the bed with the covers pulled up to her chest. Her cheeks are flushed like she has a fever and she seems to be sweating a bit. Dr. Colburn sits down on the edge of her bed.

“Hello, Mara, I heard what happened while you were on vacation, how are you feeling?”

“I was feeling fairly well, Doc, but now I hurt and I feel like I have the flu.”

“Well let's check your wounds and make sure they're not infected then we'll draw blood and go from there, okay?”

“Whatever you think is best, Doc.”

“Alright, let's check these wound, I'm going to need one of you to stay.”

Bruce volunteered since he was used to seeing severe wounds and he knew that it bothered Tony a lot to see his sister so injured, “I'll stay, Doctor, Tony, why don't you go back down to the lab and I'll have JARVIS call you when we're finished.”

Tony nodded and kissed Bruce, “Okay, I'll be downstairs.”

Dr. Colburn and Bruce began to unravel Amara's bandages so that he could check her wounds and make sure they were healing correctly. He was surprised by the amount of damage that was done by the creature that attacked her. He checked every wound, applied some ointment then rewrapped her wounds with fresh gauze. He then proceeded to take her temperature and vitals then draw some blood. The doctor then prescribed some antibiotics and pain killers.

“JARVIS, will you call Tony and tell him that we're finished.”

**Yes sir, Dr. Banner.**

JARVIS informed Tony that the Dr. was finished and Tony made his way back upstairs.

“Amara wounds healing exceptionally well, Tony, though she does have a slight fever. Just in case I have prescribed some antibiotics and pain relievers I went ahead and called into the pharmacy. She needs to take the antibiotics for 10 days after that I'll come back to check on her. I also gave her a shot for the pain so she shouldn't take the pain pill until at the earliest tonight but I would prefer tomorrow morning.”

“Thank you, Doc,” Tony tells him.

“No problem, Tony.”

“I'll show you out, Doctor,” Bruce told him.

“Thank you, Bruce.”

“JARVIS, inform Happy that he needs to go to Walgreens and pick up Mara's prescriptions please.”

**Right away, sir.**

Tony sits down on the bed and brushes the hair out of Amara's face he smiles at her, “How are you feeling, Kiddo?”

“The pain's going away and I'm starting to feel drowsy.”

“Well, then go to sleep, if you need anything just let JARVIS know and I'll be up here quick as a flash. Or Bruce will.”

Amara smiled at her older brother, “How are things going with you and Bruce.”

“It's going good, it took a while to convince him that Hulk wouldn't hurt me and that I was safe with him. But I was finally able to since then he's been more calm and relaxed.”

“You really care about him, don't you?”

“Very much, he makes me very happy. I didn't think that happiness like this actually existed.”

“That's good, Tony, I'm happy for you. If anyone deserves to be happy it's you,” Amara said feeling slightly envious.

Tony, sensing her melancholy, took her hand, “Don't worry, Mara, the right person is out there for you.”

“You think so?”

“I know so,” Tony said as he kisses her forehead.

“Thank you, Tony.”

“Anytime, Kiddo, now get some sleep. I'll wake you up around 1:00 so you can have lunch,” Tony tells her as he tucks her in.

“Okay, Tony, love you.”

“I love you too, Mara.”

And so it went, Amara recovered remarkably fast. Her wounds healed without complications and in just three weeks she was able to have her sutures removed. After that, Amara looked into having plastic surgery done to hide her bite mark. But she was told that her wounds were so extensive that it wasn't possible. Amara was just going to have to live with them for the rest of her life. Luckily they could be easily hidden under her clothes and she could even wear a one-piece bathing suit with them being seen.

Gradually, Amara came to terms with what had happened. Little did she know that in a week's time her true nightmare was about to begin.