Chapter 2 The Attack

Amara and her friends had a great summer in Europe they went all over. One of their last stops was going to be in Romania. They had all wanted to go to Bran Castle which was also know as the Dracula's Castle. They took the train up the day before so that they could enjoy the scenery and still get the entire castle tour which started at eight in the morning. It was a 12-hour tour so they had breakfast early and were going to have lunch in the Casa de ceai restaurant. As the day wore into night Amara stopped to admire the weaponry in one of the rooms she didn't notice that the tour group had moved on without her.

“Hey guys, guys?” She turned around and her friends were gone, “Well, shit.” She said with a sigh.

Amara began to wander the castle looking for her friends and the tour group she was in. She ended up in the courtyard overlooking the forest and decided that it was time just to call it a day.

“Fuck it, I'll meet up with them at the hotel.”

Amara made her way out of the castle and started walking down the road towards the town. It turned out that the town was further away than she thought and it was getting dark. By this time she could see the bats flying around catching their dinner. Things were starting to get a little bit creepy.

As Amara rounded the bend she could see the lights of the town just a little ways ahead. She let out a sigh of relief. Suddenly she was hit by something hard. Whatever it was hit her so hard that it knocked clean off the road over an embankment. She rolled end over end until she hit the bottom where Amara's head smashed into a stone. Lights exploded in her head and that was the last thing she saw before she passed out.

Amara woke up when she felt that she was being dragged through the underbrush further into the forest. Whatever had a hold of was powerful and was moving at a fast pace. Amara could feel her skin being ripped where it was catching on rocks and roots. She started struggling against it trying to grab onto anything she could. Finally, she was able to grab onto a small sapling and hold on for dear life. Amara heard a fierce growl and the creature yanked on her shirt violently making her lose grip of the tree and tossing her into the air. She landed several feet away with a thud.

Amara groans and tries to stand up but the minute she got to her knee the creature was on her. It growled viciously and took a swipe at her back shredding her back with its claws. Amara screamed and tried to scramble away. Suddenly the attack stopped Amara lifted her head and looked around. Amara strained her eyes to see if she could see anything in the darkness. The full moon was out so there was some light just not enough to make anything out. She slowly got up and started to stumble her way back the way she came.

She only got a few steps when she knocked off her feet again by the creature. She landed hard on her back and cried out in pain. Rolling over slowly Amara started to crawl through the underbrush, she froze when she heard growling coming from behind her. Panic started to set in and her fight or flight response kicked in, she lurched to her feet and ran.

She didn't get very far when she was knocked down again. That's when she realized that whatever this thing was it was playing with her. At any moment it could have killed her but it hadn't. Amara rose unsteadily to her feet once again only this time she had a branch in her hands. She suddenly heard growling coming from in front of her and the swift movement of paw hitting the earth. With all her might Amara swung and hit the creature in the face. That was the biggest mistake of her life. Instantly the creature was on her knocking on her back. Suddenly it bit into her side and started shaking her like a rag doll. She screamed out in agony hitting the creature with all her might.

Suddenly her mind cleared and she remembered the bracelets, “Emergency protocol 619!” She yelled.

The bracelets began to cover her hand and turn into gauntlets. They immediately fired at the head of the creature. The creature yelped and dropped Amara. The last thing Amara saw before she blacked out was the creature which she was finally able to identify as a big ass wolf grin at her and disappear into the forest. Amara lay there in the forest bleeding to death as a distress signal went out to Tony.