Chapter 7: Clear enough

I tried to stretch my legs and arms but a steel band around my torso prevented major movements. For the first time in my twenty-one years I woke up next to a beautiful man, a man with an overly possessive attitude, and the reputation of a rake as well as a cold callous man.

Thinking over his reaction after knowing about my little disappearance filled my mind with doubts about him really being someone with no heart, its hard to believe when the man sends a search party for you.

He had me well tucked in his chest, cacooned ones in his warmth. I was very comfortable in that position, but my need to relieve myself was stronger, so in a leisurely manner I removed myself from him. Resulted to be harder than I thought, since his arms tightened around me when I made the slightest move. It took me a few minutes to get the job done and as soon as I was free I all but ran to the bathroom to take care of my business.

Once that was done, I emerged back in the room only to see him hugging my pillow with a small pout playing on his lips.

I smiled at the view in front of me. I would've never thought a man as intimidating would pout like a small child, especially for something so simple.

No. You're angry with him. He stood you up just so he could go screw around. It wasn't the first time and it sure as hell won't be the last time he does it. Don't get all mushy about him now. This has to stop before you go in any deeper, it will only bring you heartbreak.

Even if he would be willing to offer me some nights I'm not willing to share. When something is going to mine I want it completely mine. I can be just as possessive as him.

Any guilt I had last night evaporated and just like that my anger and disappointment came rushing back, hitting me full force.

I will show him he can't treat me like that and expect me to let him kiss or touch me.

I have to look after myself because now it's crystal clear no one ever will, even my own parents left me to fend for myself.

I walked into the kitchen with renew determination, my chin held high only to be brought down, when Jasmine sneered at me. "Don't get your hopes up, your nothing special to him. Once he's done with you, he will toss you away just like he does with the rest ." Placing a hand on her hip, giving me a once over. "I don't see how he could possibly be attracted with the like of you, but there's only one thing that would explain it. Curiosity , I mean he's never been with a girl... of your social class if you could say that."

My social class .

Of course no story goes without the witch, always trying to stop the damsel from reaching her happiness. In my case just making life here a little worse with her snobby comments and constant glares.

I ignored her turning to get a glass of milk trying to avoid any sort of confrontations with her, it'll make my stay here more calm.

My plan is to stay couple months few at the most, gather any money I can get to pay Kade or do any work for him that'll reduce my debt, of course with the exception of sex. I see now that I can actually start a life of my own, where my parents won't depend on me to pay everything, a life Kade won't dictate. With the possibility of attending college, it may still seem hard to reach but I'm hoping I'll make it there.

"Look Jasmine can we just live in peace. You don't like me and I don't like you, but for the love of god can you just keep your fucking comments to yourself!" I clamped my mouth shut trying to stop myself from saying things that'll get me into more trouble. But its like my mouth's got mind of its own. " Your constant bitchy attitude is getting pretty annoying."