Chapter 8: Missing the brute

The tension in the air was suffocating, the car ride was filled with silence.

I couldn't have been happier when Kade pulled up in his long driveway. I got out of the car not waiting for Kade, my hand holding on tight to the new device he just purchased for me. I'll pay him every single cent my parents owe him even it it takes me my whole life.

But one thing is for sure I will not let him treat me as a sex object. No way in hell.

The next morning I knew he wasn't home anymore. I hate to admit it but I do enjoy seeing him even if it's just for a few seconds before he leaves for work. 

 So imagine what I felt like when I found out I wasn't going to see him for just the day.

"Mr. Kade asked for me to take you anywhere you please Miss Bethanie." Tommy stood at the entrance if the kitchen, while I finished my breakfast. A breakfast I cooked since I don't trust Jasmine not poisoning me.

"Oh that's fine. I don't start working in a few days so I don't have anywhere to go." I said picking up my empty plate.

And then my morning was ruined by the appearance of Jasmine. Her face scrunched into a look of distaste. So early and she's already looking like that.

When she saw me her lips curled into an ugly sneer. "About time you decided to get a job. You might be Kade's favorite but that won't last you very long." I didn't doubt for a second that whatever little interest Kade has in me will soon be gone. Especially after what I saw. 

 I reached over the kitchen counter to get my new phone. Her eyes followed my movement. "He bought you that! You must have one amazing pussy."

My mouth flew open while Tommy gasped, "Jasmine! That's none of you business." She laughed knowing well she hit a nerve. 

I decided to leave, as much as I wanted to dish it out with her I know deep down she's right and it's only a matter of time before Kade looses all interest in me. After what I saw I know he's more than capable to move on and find someone else who fits him better. 

But why do I care right. If he decides he's tired of seeing me here in  his house it'll be better for me. That would mean I would be free. 

That night Kade didn't come home or maybe I completely missed him, but I couldn't have since I was in his library, I made sure I was there so I could at least catch a glimpse of him. I fell asleep on the couch in there all for nothing. 

It's only the second day at my job, but I'm absolutely loving it. My feet hurt like hell and I;m seconds away from killing one of my customers. I was so close to stabbing his hand, the hand that just happens to brush against my butt every time I go to his table. So yes I'm loving it here anything is better than being at home missing Kade. 

It's a little more over a week since he's been gone. The bastard couldn't even say goodbye, I only found out he was gone a business trip because I began to worry when I saw that he didn't come home for the second day in a row. I didn't want to ask Tom about him because I didn't want to show him that cared about him at all. 

So for the past two days I've been staying out for the entire day, Tommy has been nagging me to get home before nightfall. Claiming Kade won't like the idea of me being out so late unprotected. As if I cared I haven't heard from Kade since the moment he left.

Just as I was about to leave, I see a car pull up. The last person I expected to see exits the car. I stand still for what seems minutes, I force my heart to slow down. He walks with ease towards.

Kade stops a few feet from me.
He says, "I'm sorry". It's the last thing I expect him to say. "I'm sorry for the other night. I was so mad, I wasn't thinking. And I know it's no excuse, I should've asked you but I was an idiot".

I can't help but smile, slightly confuse. Because I'm not exactly sure what he's talking about but I know he's apologizing for sleeping with that woman.

I don't even see him move, but he's standing a lot closer to me. Holding my cold hands with his warm ones. He's smiling, one of those rare ones. He moves in for a kiss, but I tilt my head to the side and he misses my lips, so he kisses my cheek.

"We've got a lot to talk about. One apology isn't going to fix things. I think I need to set some boundaries, I won't have you thinking you can do anything with me".

He tightens his hold on me, but nods his head. Soon he leads me to the car and head home.

I've got lots of unanswered questions. Like how did he even find me here? Not even Tom knows exactly where I work.