Chapter 4: Hurt

"Yes Kyle I will be attending your ball... I don't know if I'll be taking her" Kade said talking on the phone with his best friend since childhood. Those two use be inseparable, no one was able to keep them apart for long.

After a brief moment chatting with Kyle, Kade bid his farewell and was once again burying himself in his work. He was trying to concentrate, but couldn't. One special person kept invading his mind, his sweet Bethanie. Even though he couldn't admit it her let alone to himself he knew Bethanie was starting to become the center of his universe.

All week he's been avoiding her, he didn't allow himself to be alone with her, he only spoke to her when it was necessary. Until this morning he couldn't stop himself from holding, touching and kissing her. He had a strong urge to kiss her and have her in his arms. And he did, he put aside any rational thought he had as soon as he saw her in the kitchen.

They ate together, nothing fancy just breakfast, but he was content with the mere image of them enjoying a meal together. She fed him like a baby, and boy did he like the way she fed him. He would never have allowed someone to do such thing even if he was on his death bed, but when she did it, it didn't make him feel useless as if he couldn't do it himself. It was the opposite for once he liked someone else caring for him. Of course he just sat there with his beauty in his lap and did nothing.

"Mr. Maximus." Karen, his assistant said when she barged into his office. Kade glared at the women for entering that way. "Sorry sir but Thomas left a message. I didn't want to interrupt your phone call, but kept insisting to deliver the message. He said its urgent-"

"Karen!" Kade said cutting off her rambling. "What's so urgent it can't wait."

"Thomas said they had to get Miss Bethanie to the hospital-"

Kade was distracted by the piles of papers laying on his desk, but as soon as she said her name she had his full attention.

"What!" Kade yelled when everything she said clicked in his mind. "What happened to her!"

"Well sir he d-didn't really explain. Just that she had fallen on broken glass which cut her bad-ly."

His Bethanie is hurt. He left Thomas for a reason to watch over her, but he couldn't even do that. Now she's in the hospital.

He didn't wait for the stuttering women to finish. He shot out of his desk abruptly causing his chair to fly back.

"Cancel anything I have plan for today!" He yelled at her as he slammed his office door shut, rushing to his car in the parking lot.

He drove like a madman to the hospital. He was lucky he didn't get hurt or anyone else. Within ten minutes he arrived. He parked his car in a rush taking two parking spaces.

He asked the lady in the front desk what room Bethanie was being attended in. He stepped into the elevator and pressing the second button. He exits and heads down the hall to room 335.

He saw Thomas outside the room speaking to the Doctor.

"Oh here's Mr. Kade, Doctor." Thomas said as Kade reached him and the doctor who attended Bethanie.

"What happened to her." Kade said, his voice full of worry. He glared at Thomas, he's angry because Bethanie got hurt and he wasn't there to prevent it. Thomas stood there not exactly sure how to answer Kade. As if sensing he wasn't going to get an answer he turned to face the doctor. "Is she okay?"

"Yes, she's fine. After we had the piece of glass removed from the right side of her stomach we had to stitch it up since it was somewhat deep, but not enough to cause major damage....She does have few other scratches on her hand and arm, but besides that she's fine." The doctor said looking at his clipboard.