CHAPTER 8: RESOLUTION

The night closed in. I don't have time to sit down here and cry. I can't just stop here, Quints is waiting for me, I need to make a move. I need to call Leron right now. So I dialed his number and gasped up inhaling before he answered the phone.

"Leron?"

"Yeah?" The speakers buzzed up and he was on the line. "Are you free right now? I need your help on something," I said.

"At this time? Why?" He asked. "I'll tell you the details after. So are you free," I crossed my fingers as I was waiting for his reply.

"Ok? Sure. Where are you? Are you at home?" He continued. "No, I'm actually at Tims up town near the hospital," I explained.

"Why are you there?"

"There's no time to explain. I'll tell you everything later," I said to him and he hummed. "Aight, I'll be there," and the call ended me running towards Tims.

I know I could count on Leron. Him and I have a lot of memories starting high school. I remember he was the one who approached me first at the orientation meeting. We sat two seats apart from one another, but somehow we managed to intercept an eye contact that started our friendship. He became my classmate in social class in grade seven. He was the only one I could count on starting high school when France magically vanished.

He was there when I needed him and I was also there when he needed me. When I had problems he was there so we could face it together, give each other advice, and drink cheap beers when we sneak out late at night. He replaced France in some ways, he became my best friend. That's why he's the only person that pops in my head who can help me break inside the school. What we're about to do is illegal and can get both of us in a lot of troubles, but I don't care at this point if I can save someone's life. I need to do this. I just have to.

There were only a few people at Tims when I got there. I ordered two iced cups while I waited for Leron to arrive, and when he did, he sat on the table with me with his hood down. "So what's up?" He asked and I leaned slightly towards him whispering.

"I need you to help me do something- a little bit illegal," I said and he pulled out, pausing, and thinking for a minute. "Illegal?" He piqued up.

"Are we selling drugs?" He hushed down, docking his head slightly and I weakly shook my head. "No! Not that kind of illegal." I replied.

"Then what is it?" He asked, and I lifted my cup up taking a sip. "Can we talk it over in the car?" I asked and after he scanned the area as he nodded, walking out the shop and to his car.

"So what is it?" The door shuts, and the light headlight opens. "It's about the school myth and archive key," I said to him and his eyes popped.

"Wait? Is it true?" His tone was filled with curiosity and amaze. "Apparently yes. And I have the key with me back in the house. Can we drive back to my house and get it?" I asked him and he started the engine right away as he buckled up his seat belt.

"So we're going there to take the money?" He asked as he was driving. "More or less. I just need the money for something..." I replied, frowned..

"Oh," he said and there was a long silence inside the car, "I was thinking if I could have a share..." he said breaking the pause.

"Let's see," I replied to him avoiding his eye contact and I just stared at his opposite side, on the passenger's window. "I also need the money for my mom's medical bills," he added, taking all my attention to him.

"I see," my breath tinned and felt sympathetic towards him. I didn't know he was going through such hardships. "Don't worry. I'll help you after," I replied and a smile curved from his lips. When we got to our house I hopped out of the car and swiftly made myself inside.