1:25:00 - 1:43:00

ODD-1 hovers about excitedly. The young Queen, perhaps 14-years old, is suddenly free from the carbonite. She takes a breath and shivers, while NR-6 injects the vaccine into her shoulder. Medora places a hand on her other shoulder.

MEDORA: Your Highness...

Queen Amidala moves her limbs, adorned with her Royal lifeline tattoos, and feels the confines of the remaining carbonite bed. She wears a thin crown, a golden circlet. Her hands search the air for something, Medora takes them.

MEDORA: It's alright, we're right here. You've been given a plague vaccination. How do you feel?

AMIDALA: ...the boy...

Medora and Cricket look at each other with concern.

CRICKET: Merely carbon sickness, not to mention the plague. You will recover, slowly, Your Highness.

They help her sit up. Medora throws the flag around her shoulders as a blanket. Cold gases are still pouring out of the crucible onto the floor around her. Around the deck, everyone kneels, and the Jedi and Slate belatedly follow suit. ODD-1 looks around at the kneeling assembly, and does his level best to kneel as well, hovering down near the ground and retracting an antenna.

AMIDALA: ...Cricket...he was just here.

CRICKET: Easy, nice and easy. Just a few fading dreams.

AMIDALA: No. Not a dream. The young pilot. The one whose blood was used to cure me. I owe him my life.

There are some murmurs among the Royal Troopers. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan trade confused looks. How could she know about that?

CRICKET (whispering): The sorcerer boy must have channeled his thoughts to her.

MEDORA: Mmmm...perhaps the Jedi can speak to his whereabouts. Qui-Gon?

All eyes turn to Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and they cautiously come forward. The young Queen cannot see them but her air is already one of great confidence.

QUI-GON: Your Majesty, the Jedi Council has sent us to protect you. The pilot of whom you speak of was our companion, but he recently ran away.

OBI-WAN: Was abducted, actually.

AMIDALA: Abducted? Then we must rescue him immediately.

MEDORA: Your Majesty, you'll have plenty of time to get your thoughts in order...

AMIDALA: Medora, I would speak with you privately. Everyone else, leave us.

The Troopers trade fleeting looks, then bow and go about their business. The Jedi and Slate walk off as well. The camera hovers in close as Queen Amidala pulls Medora face to face with surprising strength, seeing her with her hands.

AMIDALA: Have you ever been frozen in carbonite, Medora?

Medora, the bad-ass woman at arms, is afraid, and only barely hiding it even to a blind girl.

MEDORA: No, my Queen.

AMIDALA: It's not like sleep, Medora. It's the closest thing to death there is, except you're awake. Hour, after hour, day after day...A big, dark, wide-awake nothing.

MEDORA: I'm sorry--

AMIDALA: But then suddenly, he was there. The boy. He was alone, too. Afraid. Yet he comforted me. He told me how his blood was used to synthesize the vaccine. And I have never been so grateful, so desperate, for anything in my life. We connected. And now I must find him.