00:07:00 - 00:13:00

CUT TO:

An interior corridor of the Viceroy's Battleship. A squadron of battle droids stomps by. The three heroes and their fairy-like droid come out of hiding and slip by the other way. They pause at another intersection, backs against the wall.

SLATE (whispering loudly): This is crazy! I'm supposed to be researching a cure, not playing Jedi...capture the flag!

QUI-GON: Your expertise is still critical to our mission's success, Doctor.

OBI-WAN: Wait a moment, Master.

QUI-GON: What is it?

OBI-WAN: I sense something...Suffering. There's a prisoner on board.

SLATE: Shhh, here come's another patrol.

ODD-1 darts out into the open, whistling loudly.

OBI-WAN: Odd One!

Obi-Wan checks the corridor, and sees the droid greeting a squadron of elite Neimoidian soldiers lead by Minister Yinray. A silver 3PO series protocol droid waddles after the minister.

OBI-WAN: What's he doing?

But Qui-Gon is already strolling confidently out into the open, too.

QUI-GON: Minister Yinray?

YINRAY: Ah, good. Our Jedi guest has come out of hiding.

Obi-Wan reluctantly steps out as well.

YINRAY: ...there are two of you?

QUI-GON: We're the security detail. (He looks back toward Slate, who sheepishly shows herself) This is Doctor Slate Morgon, the galaxy's foremost expert in virology.

ODD-1 flies closer to Minister Yinray and squawks insistently at him.

QUI-GON: And...that's our Odd One.

YINRAY (dubiously): I can see that. Well, I'm glad my transmission fell into such capable hands. This way, we have much to discuss.

They come to the entrance of a conference room, the large interlocking doors opening at the minister's gesture.

YINRAY: Please.

The heroes enter, only Qui-Gon seeming confident. Once they are inside, Yinray turns to his honor guard.

YINRAY: The rest of you, guard the door.

The Neimoidian troops spread out in front of the door with blasters drawn.

CUT TO:

INT. COMMAND BATTLESHIP - CONFERENCE ROOM

A large window overlooks the blockade and a stunning view of the planet. The door closes as Yinray joins them, the protocol droid scurrying in to stay at his side. The heroes turn warily from the window to face their host.

QUI-GON: So. The Trade Federation isn't helping Naboo, but conquering them.

SLATE (unable to contain herself): You're criminals!

Minister Yinray strolls past them to the window, his calm somewhat undercut by the 3PO droid hurrying to remain close at hand.

YINRAY: Quite right, Doctor. The Trade Federation has long been little more than a crime family masquerading as an interstellar corporation.

OBI-WAN: Then why should we trust you?

YINRAY: Maybe you shouldn't. But I tell you this. Viceroy Dothrin has been lying to the Republic and subjugating an entire planet. I alone, have come forward with the truth.