Chapter 3

I stood in the doorway just as Effie walked in.

"Hello. There she is. My greatest triumph!" Effie squealed. She pulled me into a hug. Then she looked around my house.

What a cute little house! Of course you know what happened to Cinna." Effie said. The smile disappeared from my face. I haven't seen Cinna in 4 years. Almost 5. Anything could've happened to him.

"What happened to Cinna?" I asked. I feared the worst.

"Oh dear. He's a fashion star. You're his muse. Everyone in the capitols wearing him. Everyone." Effie said. I relaxed. I was scared something happened to him.

"Not everyone." A voice said. Cinna walked through the door. I embraced him into a hug.

"Cinna." I breathed.

***

The TV turned on revealing Caesar. The audience on the TV cheered.

"Welcome! 4 years ago the 74th Hunger Games brought us the greatest love story of our time. Two brave young people against all odds chose to die rather than to lose each other. As a nation, we shared their agony. But we had so little time to revel in their joy. As you know, they were kidnapped by WCKD. But 7 months ago, they brought down WCKD and returned to us. Let's go to District 12 and find our star crossed lovers!" Caesar announced.

"It's time!" Effie gasped. She grabbed me and walked to the door. I could feel all the makeup weighing on my face. Time to put on an act in front of the nation.

"You're excited. You're in love. Big smiles for the camera in three, two, one." Effie said. Effie opened the door and I stepped outside. I saw a camera sitting in front of me.

"There she is! Maddie Everdeen! The Girl on Fire!" Caesar's voice rang out of the camera. I put on a forced smile. I saw peeta walk out of his house.

"And there he is! Peeta Mellark! The Baker's Boy!" Caesar announced. I think peeta's smile was forced too. We both walked to the center and hugged. My foot slipped and me and peeta crashed to the ground.

"Uh oh. Trouble in paradise. I hope they're all right." Caesar chuckled. I was on top of peeta still with a smile. I looked at him. This is to just to convince people. I kissed him. I heard the audience cheer in the background.

"Ahem. Anyone home? Should we come back later?" Caesar chuckled. I got off of peeta and to my feet. With my help I got peeta to his feet.

"Sorry Caesar." I giggled. peeta wrapped an arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. I hope I'm doing this right.

"Oh please. It's all right. It's your day. So how's it going?" Caesar asked.

"We're good." peeta said. We both awkwardly just smiled.

"That's it? That's all we get? We're good? So taciturn all of a sudden. Peeta give me some details!" Caesar teased. Still smiling, I gave peeta a worried look. What is he gonna say?

"Yeah, things are, uh..... Things are great here at 12." peeta said.

"Thanks to the generosity of the Capitol we've never been closer." I added.

"25 yards to be exact." peeta joked. I actually laughed. So did Caesar and the audience.

"Fantastic. We'll be checking in with both of you throughout the Victory Tour. Thank you so much Maddie Everdeen and Peeta Mellark!" Caesar said. We waved goodbye then the cameras shut off. I let go of peeta and stepped back. The fake smile wiped off my face.

"Wonderful! Everybody in motion. We are out of here in 10!" Effie shouted.

"That was nice acting." peeta said the smile leaving his face.

"You too." I said.

"Almost thought that kiss was real." peeta said dryly then he walked back to his house to get his bags.

"Come along children we are on a schedule. The train awaits!" Effie said again. I went back to my house to get my bags. I said goodbye to my family then I stepped onto the train. I sighed. The Victory Tour is going to be great.