Lets take a walk

Y/N POV

     I set six places at the dinner table for our families. My mom finished up making the pasta, and told me to grab Clay and his parents. Before I went to get them I had to DM Nadia to update her

Y/N
Girl, I didn't get the chance to spill the tea before you left
Nadia
Spill!!!!
Y/N
Okay so basically Clay came to my room after Jake was being an ass and he was all like "do you want to talk about it or do you just want a distraction" so I was like "distraction please" anyways we talked about all sorts of random stuff and before we went down stairs he like grabbed my hand and it felt literally electric.
Nadia
Girl, I told you he was hot. GET IT!!!!
Y/N
I wish, he's so not into me like that.
Nadia
So you do like him?
Y/N
I didn't say that, I just think he's really hot.
Nadia
I sense a romance blossoming.
Y/N
Idk... he called me an old lady. Might have to let that flower shrivel up and die
Nadia
All good romances have a bit of teasing. When Thomas and I first stared talking he called me "Giraffe" like it was my fault he was half my height
Y/N
I guess you're right. I'll wait to curb stomp the "blossoming romance."

I put my phone in my pocket and I knocked on the guest bedroom door.

     "Yes?" Clays mom said from inside.

     "Dinner is just about ready." I spoke through the door.

     "Thank you dear, we'll be out in just a moment" I walked up to my room next and gave a knock. Clay immediately opened it.

     "Hey!" He say cheerfully. I notice he's changed out of shorts and a hoodie into jeans, a white T-shirt, and a unbuttoned shirt covered in little green lizards. His hair looks styled too, which was weird because he seems to like wearing his hair all messy. I want to complement him but I don't want him to think that I like him.

     "Looking good, my guy. Dinners ready." I season in the 'my guy' so he doesn't get the wrong idea.

     "I can smell it already, let's head down." He beams with this huge goofy smile on his face. We walk down the stairs together and into the dinning room where our parents are already sitting. He sits down across from me and just keeps smiling. It's honestly starting to freak me out. My mother serves everyone up a plate of food and we all begin to eat.

     "So, Y/N. Got any plans to go to college?" Clays dad asked me.

     "I'm going to a trade school in September." This conversation is already awkward. I shove some pasta in my mouth.

     "The trades, now that's a viable career option. Clay did you hear that? Trade school." His dad is gives him a look. Clay's adorable smile disappears with that comment.

     "I already told you, I'm doing what I want to do already." Clay rolls his eyes

     "Clay honey, we just think a little extra schooling could give a good cushion, in case things with you know what go south." Clays getting noticeably more upset as his mother chimes in.

     "Can we please not talk about this here?" He asks his parents.

    "Y/N please tell my son that playing little video games for money is not a real career" his dad looks at me.

     "You know I just realized that we never got those chairs and table inside. Clay would you mind helping me with that? It looks like it might rain soon." I give him a look. He nods at me and we both stand up to leave. "We're gonna go take care of that, dinner was delicious Mom. Thank you." We rush outside to start picking everything up. He holds his hand out and looks up at the clear blue sky.