A Rainy Beginning

Rain, pouring rain was all I heard. This was supposed to be a clear night. I thought groaning, but around me, all I heard was rain as me and my crush, aka a family friend, huddled in the tent. Hey, my mind said, At least you're stuck in a tent with your crush. I think and sigh, You have a point, I reply, while my brain gives itself a high-five.

"So," His voice breaks through the silence, well half silence, "What exactly are we supposed to do now?"

"Honestly?" I ask with an eyebrow raised in question.

He looks me in the eye, "You can try to be optimistic for once since we both know that whatever happens, it won-" A boom of thunder that you can hear for miles sounds and I jump, while he immediately wraps his arms around me as if to shield me.

My eyes widen and I feel my cheeks heating up as I look up at him. His brilliant blue eyes looking down at my chocolate brown ones. He's a good few inches taller than me so I fit perfectly in his arms as he holds me. I see his cheeks starting to turn red and laugh, throwing my head back sending my practically blood-red hair flying behind me. I can see him smiling, his cute shy smile, as he takes one of his arms from around me to pull a piece of his dark blond hair out of his eyes.

Then he utters words I never thought I would hear come from him, "You know you look cute when you laugh-" He stops holding me, fidgeting with his hands as he whispers the next part, "-I think you may have accidentally made me fall for you."

I stop laughing then, just stare at him. Christian; blond, blue-eyed, smart, popular (to some extent), family friend, and most importantly: my crush, Christian, just admitted he liked me. I had imagined this moment so many times yet all that escaped my mouth at the moment was, "What?"

I wanted to officially slap myself. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ELOQUENT SPEECH MIND? To which my mind responded, I panicked OK! -Gulp- NOPE NOT OK!

Christian looked at me, lifting an eyebrow and a side smile on his face, "You good Amelia?" He asked it teasingly, making a small smile spread on my probably red as a tomato face, "Or is having one of the most popular guys in school like you too flattering for you to answer him?"

"You act as if you're the only one who likes me." I pause my hand flying to my chest in exaggeration, "How dare you? Boys fall at my feet and beg me to love them every day, kind sir."

"Do you, my lady, wish for me to get on my knees and beg you?" He asked, eyes sparkling with laughter.

I fought a snicker at his act, answering in a quiet shy voice, "You don't need to beg for something that's already been given, Chris."

His eyes widen, as he stands up, grinning like a madman, in a hurry hitting his head on the tent roof, ruining the moment. "Ouch!"

"LOL!" I say barely being able to control the laughter spreading through me. Screw the laughter, it's like I'm in the clouds or I've sucked up all the energy of the sun. Wow. All this because he said he liked me. HA!

Then he grabs me pulling me up unexpectedly and looks me in the eye. The rain pattering outside sounds like music now as he stretches his hand out, "May I have this dance, Miss Amelia?"

I giggle, "Of course you may Sir Christian." Placing my hand in his while he wraps his arm around my waist and I put my other arm on his shoulder.

"How has your day been madam?" He tries to say it in a British accent but fails. While I perfectly execute it, "It's been a rather fine day, I think that I have a beau actually."

His eyebrows go up, "Really and Miss Amelia, if I may ask, who is the lucky boy?"

I smile, "Well, if he will take me, I shall say his name."

"Ahh, but how will he know if you don't ask him?"

He twirls me around and pulls me closer to him. Our faces are just inches away and my eyes dart from his lips to his brilliant blue eyes. My heart starts to beat faster as I realize what might happen. You better keep your voice calm, "I assumed I wouldn't have to ask," Deep breaths Amelia, deep breaths, "But if I must, I shall."

"You play hard to get Amelia."

I give a short chuckle, Why did he bring me so close? Deep breath,"If you insist, Christian, will you be my boyfriend?"

He smiles ear to ear, pulling me towards the tent doors and we went out into the rain. He grabbed me by the waist raising me up, twirling me around in my green flower-patterned shirt and jeans, while I looked at him in his jean jacket, white shirt, and shorts.

Then he yelled into the rain, at me, to the world, "I'M AMELIA HEATHER'S BOYFRIEND!" I give him a wide smile as he brings me down pulling him close to me whispering to him, "And I'm Christian Wright's girlfriend."

Then I wrap my hands around his neck. He puts his hands on my waist, and with eyes open looking only at each other's eyes we kiss in the rain. A soft gentle kiss, that sends tingles all through my body and when we pull apart I rest my head on his chest while he puts his head on mine. I smile thinking, That was a good first kiss.

We sway to the sound of the rain for a bit. Before laughing and running around in it, then I pull him into the tent. We kiss again then lay down next to each other. He wraps his arms around me and I cuddle against him, soaking in his warmth.

We stay there keeping each other warm. Eventually, we fall asleep cuddled next to each other. We woke up to mad parents, but last night was the best night of my life, so I don't care. Especially since we didn't do anything mom!

This is the story of my, used to be nonexistent, love life and this is how it began.