Chapter Eight

~Enya's POV~

I spent a week on house arrest so no one would see my bruises. Mother went through her usual routine, summoning a slew of designers to get me a new wardrobe she could parade me around the house in. Enji was busy with school and his hero work, so I kept to myself and stayed in my room to avoid Mother and Father as much as possible.

The following weekend when the bruises around my eye were nearly gone, there was a knock on my door. I felt a fleeting sense of panic worried it was Father before slowly going to answer the door. A sigh of relief escaped me when I spotted Enji. He was dressed somewhat casually in a nice pair of pants and a button up shirt.

"Nii-sama?" I asked curiously.

He smiled, "come on, I'm busting you out for the day."

"What?"

"Get dressed, I'm taking you out." He repeated.

"Out where?" I asked confused.

"An amusement park."

"Really?!" I squealed excitedly causing him to chuckle. I hurried to my closet to change. I'd never been to an amusement park so I wasn't sure what to wear. The majority of my wardrobe was dresses and skirts, was that okay to wear to an amusement park? Deep in my closet, I managed to find a pair of comfortable capris that seemed casual enough to wear to an amusement park and found a cute shirt with some hand stitched bunnies embroidered into it.

Quickly, I changed my clothes before stepping into a pair of designer sneakers and pulling my hair up into a ponytail. Enji smiled as I skipped out of my closet. He stepped into my room and plucked a bright blue ribbon from my vanity that matched one of the embroidered bunnies on my shirt. I hopped over to him unable to contain my excitement and spun around so he could tie the ribbon in my hair. Once the ribbon was in place, I turned, caught his hand in mine and grinned up at him.

"Ready!" I beamed.

Enji smiled and scooped me up into his arms. "Let's go."

I couldn't help but giggle, excited about spending the day with my big brother and finally getting to go to an amusement park. We snuck downstairs to the parlor and I was surprised to see Rei waiting by the door. She smiled as she spotted me in Enji's arms.

"Rei Nee-san? What are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

"We're going on a date." She smiled warmly.

I looked to Enji with a slight frown, "It's weird to bring your little sister on dates, Nii-sama." I scolded him quietly.

Rei laughed at this, "I asked him to invite you...I thought it would be fun to spend the day with both of you."

I wriggled out of Enji's arms and ran to Rei, linking my arm with hers. "That sounds like the most fun." I grinned.

"Good, I'm glad." Rei smiled and led me to the awaiting car to take us to the amusement park.

Enji followed after us. I sat between them on the way to the amusement park swinging my feet giddily. As we drove past the accident site, Enji wrapped an arm around me and hugged me close against him. An image of the silly smiling hero who rescued me crossed my mind's eye and I was able to smile despite the pain I felt as we drove by.

It was a forty-five-minute drive to the amusement park. I spent the whole trip asking Rei and Enji about all the fun things at the amusement park. By the time we arrived, I was beside myself with excitement at all the fun things we were going to see and do. The driver opened the door for us and Enji stepped out first before extending a hand to me, I had a feeling it was to keep me from zooming off without him which was really hard to resist doing because there were so many fun things I couldn't wait to see. I placed my hand in his and hopped out of the car. He kept a firm grip on my hand keeping me at his side as he awkwardly offered Rei a hand to help her from the car.