An apple as red as blood

Start from the beginning

Anna couldn't stand playing the quiet one anymore as she slammed her hands on the counter, stood up and snapped, "You're right, you shouldn't have! So why after everything did you just go?"

Mary Margaret walked over and placed her hand on Annas hand which she pulled away immediately not noticing the flash of hurt across Mary Margaret's face.

"I don't want to be Sheriff, I don't want people relying on me, I don't want this, Any of this."

"What about Henry?" Mary Margaret asked

Anna was ready and prepared to kill Emma on the spot as she heard her response, "I took him with me."

Anna knew she had to leave or she would quite literally kill her.

She grabbed her stick from the side of the counter and said, "You abducted him."

"Maybe." Emma said

Anna noticed that it looked like Emma was trying to have a completely emotionless face but it was not working at all.

"So you don't want people relying on you, but you took your son?"

"That sounds like a very stable home," Anna said angrily, "What the hell is wrong with you."

"I want what's best for him." Emma stated, trying not to show that for some reason she was upset by the fact that Anna was annoyed with her.

Mary Margaret had never seen Anna with this much hatred in her eyes, now Anna was looking like she wanted to have a knife to Emma's head.

"And running is what's best for him? Or is that what's best for you?" Mary Margaret asked, "You're reverting Emma to the person you were before you got here, and we thought you'd changed."

"Well you thought wrong," Emma said as she looked at her feet

Anna's grip on the top of her stick tightened.

"Well regardless you have to do what's right for Henry now," Mary Margaret said as she moved back over to the stove.

Emma looked up at the pair and said, "What's that?"

Anna laughed as she said, "Oh, I don't know you're his mother. That's your job so you figure it out."

At the last word, Anna got fed up and grabbed her bag and walked towards the door, past a very nervous Emma Swan. But she stopped in front of Emma.

"You might've believed at the time you were doing what is best for Henry but deep down you know you were only doing what's best for you." Anna walked to the door and opened it, but turned back and said, "And just to warn you, if I had found out that you did leave with him, you wouldn't just be worried about Regina you would've been worried about if you could get away from me quickly enough before I was able to rip your spine out through your nose."

Anna slammed the door shut behind her. Making Emma wince

"Well done." Mary Margaret said staring at Emma

"What," Emma said confused

"You just broke her." She said bluntly

"What are you talking about?"

"Anna only trusts a few people and you just about managed to become one of those people, then you made the mistake of taking Henry, her younger brother. Not only did you annoy her enough for her to threaten you and she doesn't do that often but you broke a very big part of her that not even I could get back."

Emma went back to the emotionless face as she said, "Why should I care about that?"

Mary Margaret had had enough just like Anna she slammed her hands on the counter and said, "Because if you broke her! you will never be able to get her to trust you again! It is the most basic thing I learnt when I let her live here, you need to show her that she can trust you why do you think I only learnt her name after three weeks? Because she finally trusted me enough I showed to her, proved to her that she could trust me." Mary Margaret took a deep breath and continued,