14. (Best Friend)

Wilbur's POV

"Sir?" I approach the man in front of me slowly. He is just as tall as me, but somehow at least ten times more intimidating. Even when you can only see his back. Make it twenty times when he turns around and stares at you with his cold eyes. 

"What is it, Wilbur?" His thumb and pointing finger slide down the edge of his sword.

"I'm afraid an incident.. well, two incidents have occurred," I speak carefully. This is a man you don't want to upset. He is not afraid to plant that sword right into your ribcage, and have you plead for forgiveness, only to dig it in deeper.

"You know I don't enjoy these half-told stories, Will. Cut to the chase," he speaks, sending a shiver down my spine. 

"Of course, sir. One of the incidents involved Tommy injuring one of the Outcasts during daytime, and-"

"He what?" the man interrupts me, his cold eyes slowly turning hotter. 

"He was hanging around Toby's place again and saw someone unfamiliar, so he registered him as a threat and attacked him," I explain to him. His eyes are spewing fire at this point, as his knuckles turn white from clutching the handle of his sword. 

"Bring him in."

"No, wait! Let me finish, there's more to it," I plead, taking another step forward. 

"I have lost count on how many times Tommy has caused us unneeded trouble, Wilbur, it's time he leaves the pack," he growls at me. His head turns to a guard, ready to signify him to get Tommy.

"The boy was with Dream," I quickly say, and his head snaps back to me, his eyes grown wide in anger at the mention of Dream. "Dream saved the boy from Tommy when he saw he was being attacked."

"Could be a coincidence," he answers, but I hear slight hesitation in his voice.

"The boy was wearing Dream's clothes, sir." I feel me shrink into myself as I pull up my shoulders, bracing myself for what's to come next. For a few seconds, nothing happens, and silence floods the room. 

"Is the second incident related to this?" he then speaks. He has regained the calmness in his voice, and is talking sternly. A situation even scarier than the last. 

"It is, sir."

"Elaborate."

"I had Tommy describe the boy to one of the scouts, who made a sketch. I then sent him to look specifically for him, and gather as much information as possible, so we could make him a profile too," I continue, "but he was inattentive, and another Outcast cornered him, the one with the sunglasses, what's his name.." I think out loud.

"Eret," he reminds me.

"Yes! Yes, the Eret boy. He got extremely aggressive when he saw the drawing, and he tried to attack our scout, who had to resort to extraordinary measures to keep him off."

"Who did you send out and what did he do?" the man questions me.

"I sent out Punz, he had to spear Eret in the stomach to keep him off, after which both of them fled."

"You're not telling me Punz killed our only lead to the new boy, are you?" His voice turns menacing.

"We have reasons to believe Eret has died," I say as I see the man already turning to the guard again, "but we also have reasons to believe Dream and the boy were with him when he died."

"Stop half-ass explaining it to me and get to your fucking point!" he suddenly yells at me, plunging his sword into the ground. I back down and look at him, fear shooting through my veins.