Uncle Theobald's Newest Overseer

Mott is very worried.

"Mott, don't worry," Lenny says.

Mott is still worried.

It's been a week since Lenny woke up, and the bandages have come off bit by bit each day. The burns are mostly healed with the worst of them still lingering along his paper-thin arms—those will likely scar forever, Ada said. She said they shouldn't stay red forever, though, but a faded version of Lenny's vibrant green. That made Mott release something small inside himself that he hadn't realized he'd been carrying. The thought of Lenny marred with painful, hideous red burns for the rest of his life made Mott's stomach twist with guilt.

Lenny's recovery is nothing short of miraculous. Not only did he somehow manage to survive, he's made leaps and bounds towards getting himself healed up again. He's even caught up with Mott in terms of progress. Ada sweetly yet scathingly reminded him that Mott's slow healing is due to his own stubborn refusal to rest, which is ridiculous. Well, no, she's right. But in his defense...

...He has no defense.

The point is, they've both reached a point where Ada has deemed them healthy enough to travel again. With the news that they were in steady, decent condition, Florian took his leave, citing important family matters he had to attend to. Torquil left a day later, stuffing his family crest in his bag and out of sight, off to mingle with the common people. After that, Lenny started getting antsy, eager to hit the road and travel again. Mott has managed to delay Lenny's impulse for three days, but Lenny is nothing if not persistent.

And stubborn. So, so stubborn.

"Ada says I'm fine. As long as I wear the bandages for a few more days, avoid strenuous activity, and take regular breaks, I'll be good as new!" Lenny insists, packing their bags. "So, come on; let's stop lazing around and get back on the road."

"We really should just wait until your wounds are completely healed," Mott protests, gingerly trying to nudge Lenny away from the bags and back to bed. Lenny waves him away and continues packing. "We have time."

"The more time we waste, the more people Zekrom can hurt. There are other towns that need our help."

Mott shuffles anxiously. "I know, but..."

"Mott. I'm okay. Really, I am," Lenny assures, squishing Mott's face between his hands. "I'm not gonna blow away in the wind, y'hear?"

With his cheeks squished together, his voice comes out muffled as he says, "But 'm shtill worried 'bout yew."

Lenny releases his face to bop him on the nose and return to packing. "Who would've thought a big, strong guy like you would be such a worrywart?"

Mott frowns, eyebrows furrowed. He is worrying a perfectly acceptable amount for someone whose partner just got roasted alive, thank you very much.

"Besides, you're injured too. Why aren't you fussing over your own wounds so much?"

"My injuries aren't half as bad as yours," Mott denies. Lenny looks up from their bags to give Mott a disbelieving look and a slow, judgemental once over.

"...Right."

"I wasn't the one unconscious for a whole day, Lenny!"

"Okay, okay, no need to shout."

Their little spat doesn't go much further than that, because Ada pokes her head in the door. She does a quick appraisal of their bandages and injuries, giving them both a relieved look when no opened wounds or complications come up.