Chapter 41: One Last Favor

Începe de la început

"Jungkook, what have you done to yourself?"

"I've always looked like this, Yoongi... during my recovery, this was the same face I carried..."

"Why do I get the feeling that ever since you met that omega, your mental health has spiraled downhill? Jungkook, have you ever looked at yourself for once?!"

Instantly, Jungkook's eyes widened and locked onto the ground before him as he listened to the guard constantly scold him for being this way. However, Jungkook just couldn't help himself. He was madly obsessed with the omega that he couldn't stop what he was doing to check on himself. After all those years that slipped him by, love was something he refused to let go and once he had it with Jimin, he trapped it until it began to fight back.

"You don't know what you're saying, I-I have to be this way... I have no control whatsoever, I need Jimin!"

"No, you don't..." Yoongi added on and tilted his head before walking forward. "It's about time you asked yourself, is this how love feels? You need yourself more than you need him... without yourself, how will you live to have Jimin after?" Yoongi continued as Jungkook pressed his back against the Phoenix throne and fixed his eyes over the guard who approached him closely.

"J-Just tell me the news, Min Yoongi..." Jungkook hissed and looked away once the guard was close enough to catch his breath. Instantly, Yoongi leaned over, kept his gloved hands pressed behind his back as he looked at the king closely.

The bags under his eyes were a tone darker and his skin was as pale as a ghost. Yoongi took a moment to observe the king until he let out a sigh, running his hand up his own sleeve to then reveal the same arrow Jungkook was shot with. Jungkook kept his eyes shut and scrutinized his face helplessly until Yoongi held out the arrow and finally stepped back to let the king open his eyes and gaze at the item before him.

Jungkook's beady eyes then opened and locked onto the arrow in front of him. The windows to his soul blew wide and his heart raced, the sudden pain in his chest began to burn as his nails dug into the armrests of his throne. The young king couldn't bear to look at the same arrow that started the decline of his mental health; he was traumatized of what almost killed him.

"Y-Yoongi... g-get it away f-from... from me..." Jungkook whispered into a plea and ran his shaky hand over the many bandages wrapped around his wound. "How... how could you h-hold that before y-your King?"

"To prove something," Yoongi assured and finally fixed his posture as he looked at the blood stained sides of the arrow. "It's sad that you fear the arrow... when Jimin put you in this position."

Instantly, Jungkook looked up at the guard and bared his sharp fangs in anger, yet still avoiding to lock his stare onto the weapon.

"Jimin... Jimin didn't do anything! You're insane..."

"Am I, Jungkook?"

"What?"

"I said... am I? Am I the one who is truly insane in this room?" Yoongi replied into a softer yet hollow tone to his deep voice that sent a shiver down Jungkook's spine. "Jeon Jungkook, Jimin is killing you. Just admit it... you can't keep hiding this when he's killing you..."

"No he isn't... he's the one that's keeping me alive, you don't know how it feels... how it feels to love someone like this," Jungkook whispered and closed his eyes after. "To love someone when you're me..."

"Jungkook, I don't need to know how it is to love someone as you when it doesn't seem right in the eyes of others. Do you know why I'm holding this arrow, Jungkook?"