39. Honor Bound | آبرو

Start from the beginning

Throwing a glance at Ayyan's way to make sure he was still asleep, he shifted a little in his chair as he raved a hand through Ayyan's hair. "I'm a dreamy guy. Might have seen me in one of your dreams." He shrugged.

"Yeah, you wish!" She had rolled her eyes.

"You go relax now and I'll go and fix the car." His voice pulled her out of her musings. Giving a slight nod, she moved towards the lake.

******

"I must say you're one eligible man, young guy." A man said with a diabolical triumph look etched on his face. His legs were crossed on the chair he was perched on. Even Satan would have bowed in front of him. That's how evil he was! Filled with nothing but pure lust!

The first boy just gave him a faint smile for his face was distorted. Stark and fresh bruises were embellished on his inebriated face and rightly so.

"Would you like to join our business?" The man leaned forward as he put his hands on the gross table galore with bottles of alcohol and drugs. Each finger was circled with rings bought out of the misery of blemished bodies going through living hell night after night. "You'll make a good fortune out of it. And above all, you'll get to enjoy this heaven on earth." He said dreamily, as he threw his hands up in owner of the sinister place he had built. A place that reeked of innocent souls being murdered and stuffed up inside the empty walking vessels.

The first boy brooded for a while. "I'll have to think about it." He replied.

"No thinking, young man. No thinking!" The man said with stern expressions. "Also, how do you assume your uncle will react once you reach back to your village after the show you had pulled up, hun?" He arched his intoxicated eyes up.

The first boy scrunched his brows in bewilderment. "What do you mean? He doesn't know anything."

"Oh, come'n!" The man lauged evilly as he threw his head back. "You were the one who suggested him to go to the city and get both his sons checked in the hospital to ensure they were perfectly healthy since a 'medical checkup' is very much needed." He gave a derisive snort. "And the dunce actually bought that crap. Tsk tsk, the amount of money the poor man must have had to borrow from his neighbours." He feinged to be affected with his fake condolent expressions.

"Okay, so coming back to the point." He straightened up in his seat. "Again you were the one who told him he had gotten a call and offered to look after both his sons. Oh, what did he know the offspring of his dead brother and sister in law would betray him. That he'd get his sons abducted for the sake of some drugs." His devilish guffaw echoed around the premises of the room.

"Now, you're just trying to make me feel guilty." The first boy's jaws stiffened in indignation.

"Oh, no. Not at all, young man. I'm just trying to make you see sense. Either work with us or go and answer your petulant uncle's umpteen questions. The choice is completely yours. No pressure, whatsoever." He held hus hands up in air to express the honesty behind his repulsive words.

"But your guys also beat me like it was planned. He wouldn't suspect anything." He took a swig from the noxious drink and gestured towards his wounds stricken face.