One

A/N: Beware horrible attempts at medical knowledge and lingo. Also, I know that calling a resident "doctor" isn't always done, as it depends on the attendees. It's generally accepted to not use Doctor until after residency is over, but to make this story easier for me, she's using doctor lmao.

****

Kim Taehyung has always been...different.

Thankfully, he's gotten used to the nicknames and snide comments. Mostly.

It wasn't his fault that he seemed to hear and smell better than most. And he could help the constant need to snuggle and rub all over the people he loved. He was just a cuddly person. And he didn't know how he knew what people were feeling just by smelling them. And that weird thing that happened twice a year where he had to lock himself in his room because he got too massively horny to be around other people - well, he just had something going on with his hormones. He should probably get that looked at.

Thankfully he now had a great group of friends that accepted him for who he was. His roommate Namjoon hyung only patted him on the head when he got overly snuggly, shaking his head in wonder when Taehyung told him he smelled like cinnamon rolls. Jungkook and Jimin didn't mind when he helped himself into their beds to hang out and Jungkook was the best wrestling partner. The older hyungs were all just as amazing and went out of their way to make him feel accepted and understood - even when he knew they didn't really.

To be honest, even he didn't understand half of the things he did. He didn't know why his friends leaving the house without him getting a chance to hug them and rub his cheek against theirs made him anxious. He didn't understand why he always felt like he was searching for something. And he certainly didn't know why his dick did that weird thing where it got bigger at the end right before he came. Yeah, he's seen enough porn to know that even his dick is weird and that was just another thing he should probably get looked at.

The point was that he was used to both his head and body feeling strange, but today...

He prowled back to the balcony of his apartment for the eighth time that day already, sniffing at the slightly chilled morning air. There was something out there, something that was setting him on edge. Was there a storm on the way? Normally, those had a very specific scent and he always knew for certain when the weather would change. This was different and so faint that he really shouldn't be reacting this way. Hell, the smell seemed to be miles and miles away. How could he scent something from so far?

"You smell rain, Tae? It seems nice enough outside, even if it is a little cold," his oldest friend Seokjin peeks outside with a worried frown, peering up at the sky.

They'd long since stopped questioning his ability to smell the weather.

"No, hyung. The weather smells fine. But..." he sighed and dropped his shoulders in defeat. "I don't know. There's something wrong. Something is going to happen."

Seokjin's frown was now pinned on him as he looked him over. "On a scale of someone feeling slightly ill to someone besides Jungkook waking Yoongi up, how wrong are we talking?"

"I honestly don't even know if it's something bad, Jinnie hyung. Just...something. I feel...antsy. Anxious. Like I need to run but I don't know where," Taehyung mumbles with his nose in the air again, sniffing like a dog on a scent. "Maybe I'm getting sick."

Jin reaches over and places his hand on Taehyung's forehead. "You do feel a little warm, but your...uh...episode already passed a couple months ago, so it's probably just your body fighting back against all the abuse your all night long gaming sessions put it through," Jin shrugs and goes back inside, Taehyung following him with a loud scoff.