Chapter 7

It was Saturday when Lisa realized she was someone who would do anything without a second thought for the person that is consistently in the center of her mind. Or, in other words, whipped.

She was beyond exhausted from work. Her eyes stung from the flashing lights, her ankles ached from the heels she had worn for hours, and her stomach cried out in need. All in all, she was done for the day and was ready to rest.

Receiving a text from her favorite person as she was just exiting the shower, however, all her energy "magically" and "mysteriously" returned. Wrapping her body with a towel, and holding it tightly with one hand as the other quickly opened Jennie's message, a smile grew with just the mere sight of the texter's name.

Jennie

Hey Lis! Are you busy tonight?

Delivered 6:23 PM

Lisa pulled her bottom lip between her teeth and ghosted her thumb over the screen. She lifted her gaze to her own reflection, studying her features hoping it didn't looked too drained before shrugging and replying,

Lisa

No, I'm free. What's up?

Delivered 6:24 PM

Lisa walked in her bedroom and placed her phone down onto her bed, along with dropping her towel to the floor. She heard her text tone go off, but not wanting to seem too eager, she decided to change. And, let's just say, it only took her three minutes...

A little breathless, Lisa rushed back over to her phone.

Jennie

Okay perfect! I was invited to go clubbing at my friends club! Wanna be my plus one?? I won't take no for an answer.. unless you do say no, then I will totally accept it and understand!!

Delivered 6:25 PM

Lisa chuckled, Jennie was still such a rambler even through text. But, the main source of her blushing cheeks and racing heart wasn't because of how cute Jennie sounded, it was the way she asked Lisa to be her plus one.

"Plus one?" Lisa gasped to herself, coughing a little as she repeatedly read the message over and over again. Her heart drummed roughly against her bones that she was sure it was close to breaking through. Jennie didn't mean it, she couldn't have. She was just inviting her friend slash neighbor out to hang out with.

She wasn't asking you on a date. Don't be stupid.

Lisa reminded herself with a tiny scowl. Taking in one last shaky breath, she replied.

Lisa

Sure, what time?

Delivered 6:32 PM

Jennie

Around 8! And don't worry about taking a taxi! I'm driving! Dress sexy but not too sexy! I don't even know how I would be able to protect you from creeps... Can't have anyone stealing my plus one!

Delivered 6:33 PM

Lisa laughed with an eyeroll before replying again. And again, she blushed. She was pretty confident that her blush will forever be tattooed onto her cheeks whenever it came to Jennie.

After replying an okay, she placed her phone back down only to sigh and stare into her closet. She was going to go clubbing with the most beautiful girl in the world and the only thought that came to mind was, must dress to impress.