ten

'didn't think you were coming' draco said sullenly as i walked in his dorm, clicking the door shut behind me. 'sorry, i was with cedric'.
'cedric diggory?' he scoffed 'please'
'what?' i threw myself down on his bed, making him wince as the mattress shook violently. 'do you mind?' he spat and i shrugged, reaching over for his water on the bedside table and taking a drink. 'again, do you mind?'.
'what's wrong with cedric?' i asked, ignoring his question. i felt so much more comfortable here with malfoy, like i could finally let go of the breath i'd been holding in when i was with cedric. probably because i fancied cedric, if i was being honest with myself.

'everything's wrong with cedric' draco replied, reaching over and opening his bedside table draw. he pulled out the little bag, passing it to me. 'if i've paid for it then you can sort out the lines'.
'gotta earn my keep somehow' i laughed.
'i can think of other ways for you to 'earn your keep' draco smirked. 'funny' i replied drily, 'here, you first'.
he grinned at me, 'what makes you think i haven't already had mine'. i noticed how wide his pupils were and laughed, tipping my head back to rest it on the headboard. 'you're kind of pretty you know' draco said suddenly, and i pulled my head back up. 'what?'
'i'm just saying, you're too pretty for cedric'.
'i'm too sober for this' i laughed again, starting to put the white powder into little lines. 'you're just saying this because your high you know'. draco shrugged, lying down across the bottom of the bed on his back and looking over at me.

'do your friends know you're a cokehead?' i asked awkwardly, wanting to say anything to break the silent stare he was giving me. 'do yours?' he said pointedly. 'fair point well made'. he started looking at me again, and i could feel my skin starting to flush. 'can i sleep here again tonight?' i asked. i didn't really want to sleep here, with the way he was looking at me, but if i was going to do the drugs i couldn't go back to my dorm. i wanted to do the drugs more than i didn't want to sleep here. 'yeah, are you gonna sleep on the floor?'. i nodded, looking at the lines. now he had confirmed i was okay to sleep here, there was no reason for me to wait.

i went for it, feeling the familiar rush. cocaine might be my new favourite drug. draco definitely got the good stuff. 'why do you do coke?' i asked, flopping back on the bed next to draco. 'you're seriously asking that? have you seen my grades?'.
'you do coke for the sake of a good school grade? it's not the end of the world' i said lightly.
'you haven't met my father' he said simply, tracing a circle on my arm with his finger. he looked sad for a minute, so utterly unlike draco malfoy that i reaches across and stroked his cheek, my breath catching in my throat. he looked up at me, placing his hand over mine on his cheek. he hesitated for a moment, before leaning over and pressing his lips softly to mine.

'woah' i pulled back, sitting up and looking at him. 'that's not what i-'
'sorry' draco interrupted 'i didn't mean that'.
'it's okay' i said quietly, 'just forget it'. it was silent for a minute, before he stood up and walked out of the room quietly.

he came back about ten minutes later with two croissants wrapped in clear paper. he chucked me one and i missed, watching it drop on the floor next to me. 'you just made me drop my croissant' i referenced and he laughed easily, the awkwardness from before dropping away. i knew he didn't mean it anyhow, it was the cocaine. i was glad it had happened sooner rather than later, because the drugs had started to hit my head now and i doubted that i would have stopped him at this stage. i picked up the croissant off the floor, unwrapping it and biting into it. 'ooh it's got chocolate in the middle' i grinned and he rolled his eyes 'it's called a pain au chocolat you idiot'.
'i know what a pain au chocolat is stupid, we got them when i stayed at emma's auntie from a shop called lidl'.
'i forgot emma had muggle family' he twisted his face and i smacked him with the pillow. 'be nice' i warned and he grimaced again, shuffling away from me.

'do you want mine?' he offered, pushing the half eaten pain au chocolat towards me. 'depends, have you poisoned it?' i eyed it suspiciously.
'depends who you ask' he smirked. i shook my head at him playfully, snatching the pastry and tearing it in half. 'here, half and half' i passed him back half and he bit into it, spraying crumbs all over the bed. 'gross' i wrinkled my nose, reaching across and dusting the crumbs off the bed. he caught my hand and upturned it so my palm was facing him. 'what?' i asked, and then my stomach flipped as i realised exactly what he was going to do. i squealed, trying to pull my hand away as he opened his mouth and emptied the chewed food onto my palm. 'you might wanna clean that up too' he laughed and i screamed, shaking my hand and sending soggy croissant pieces flying around the room.

'you're disgusting' i snorted, standing up and walking over to the bathroom. 'woah woah woah, you can't go in there' he protested, standing up and quickly pushing his way in front of me. 'the boys bathroom? but i need to wash my hands'
'yes, but it's for the boys' he insisted.
'draco there's nobody here but you'
'but you're a girl' he said, as if it wasn't clicking.
'what are you doing in there, sacrificing small children?' he looked shifty for a second, before sighing. 'fine, but you're not gonna tell my father are you?'.
'tell your father what?'. he sighed again, pushing open the door and letting me to go in.

the bathroom was an absolute mess. there was a pile of beer cans sat on top of the bathroom bin, writing on the wall next to the shower in black marker pen, a tie superglued to the wall and a piece of paper turned upside down on the counter. draco paled as i stepped towards it, but i couldn't resist the urge to turn it over. on it was a family photo of draco, lucius and narcissa. draco had devil horns and a mustache drawn on him, the art work signed by crabbe and goyle. lucius' face had been covered completely by a cutout of a devil, and every bit of his skin that was clear had profanities written across it. 'cunt' 'narcissist' 'rot in hell' 'prick'.
i laughed, noticing that this part was signed with draco's name. narcissa, was completely untouched, a bubble drawn around her to prevent the scribbles from overlapping onto her.

'most of this was in the room' he said awkwardly 'i stuffed it in here for you coming'. i walked over to the scribbles on the wall, seeing that all three of the boys had signed their name. there was a caricature drawing a lucius that the tie had been superglued to and i laughed as it clicked. pin the tail on draco's dad. 'you know if they do a room check and find this you're all fucked' i remarked.
'you're not gonna tell my father are you?'
'what? excuse me mr malfoy, i was doing coke in your sons room when he spat his soggy croissant into my hand. when i went to wash it off i found an astonishing amount of evidence that your a prick, and you've almost definitely given your son daddy issues' i looked at him 'no fear'.
'i do not have daddy issues' he huffed 'don't tell people i do'.
'yeah yeah'
'i mean it elizabeth' he said warningly, grabbing me by the neck suddenly. his face was centimetres away from mine, his breath warm on my face. 'don't go telling people about things you don't understand'.
'draco your hurting me' i squirmed and he let go suddenly. 'sorry' he whispered 'i didn't mean to'.

'it's okay'. and it was okay. i didn't think he meant it. it was a well known side affect of cocaine that it threw off your sensory awareness balance. he probably hadn't realised how hard he'd grabbed me. we went back to his room and lay down on the bed together. he lay facing away from me, and although he didn't make any noise i could tell he was crying. i didn't say anything, i just wrapped my arm over his shoulder and pressed my face against his back.

when i woke up the next morning we were in the exact same position.